What's all needed?

snfrd84

Just bought a use Tremonti Custom '15 model, but I've played them before and know I'm wanting different pickups.

Mainly to split the pickups. So what pups, in your opinions would split well? Also, harness and caps? I'm wanting to possibly wire it up like the DGT diagram, just wanting to know what all I'd need and where to really source most of the stuff.

I think I'll go with RS harnesses.

Maybe 58/15s for that coil split if you can get your hands on a pair, but why not go the whole hog and go the DGT route period. good luck interesting choices.!!!

I assume this is an SE Tremonti Custom? Some people really like the SE245 pickups. If you do like them you could add a split wire fairly easily.

IMHO the RS stuff is severely overpriced. 4 pots, two caps and some wire shouldn't cost more than $20-30.

As far as which pickups split best? I don't know, but all pickups split better using the resistors in the split circuit. Check out the DGT schematic.

Thanks guys. Have Hyperiontone sending me out a DGT harness and got some Mojotone Classic pups coming too.

Back