What's a GREAT Clip On Tuner for the PRS Headstock?

Jerrydpi

As the PRS Headstock doesn't have a lot of Headstock Wood Real Estate (like a Fender does), what's the best (most accurate) Clip On Tuner that will fit it?

Why wouldn’t this PRS rechargeable model do it?

Here’s an excellent one for a lot more money, these are accurate.

Why wouldn’t this PRS rechargeable model do it?

Can it be attached so that it's behind (not like the PRS Video shows it on the front side of the headstock) the headstock?

Beats me. I’m not a fan of headstock tuners; I was just trying to be helpful.
I wasn't either when I had a Pedalboard (StroboStomp HD>Ego>TubeScreamer>Mobius>UAD Dream '65>Apollo Interface) that I was using for Recording only, but I sold all of it and went Software-based only.

As I use the Apollo Unison Slot for a variety of great amps and pedals, I haven't looked back since, but that's why I'm considering a clip on Lazlo.

I wasn't either when I had a Pedalboard (StroboStomp HD>Ego>TubeScreamer>Mobius>UAD Dream '65>Apollo Interface) that I was using for Recording only, but I sold all of it and went Software-based only.

As I use the Apollo Unison Slot for a variety of great amps and pedals, I haven't looked back since, but that's why I'm considering a clip on Lazlo.
A clip on Laszlo?

“You’re 3 cents sharp you cloth eared moron. Detune and start again!”

I use a T C Electronic Unitune.

Not cheap but highly satisfied with it.

As above, just above the D string capstan or above & between the D & G capstans.

Had a Snark before that but it struggled to pick up the low E sometimes and it had a coating that turned gummy after a while.

There are times I have to use software instruments as scratch pads when I'm writing a part, and it's too late to fire up the amps (in fact, I like UA's '57 Deluxe model quite a bit), but in those cases I use either the tuner built into Logic, or a Brainworx BX tuner as an insert in UA's Luna.

As a sidebar, I like both Logic and Luna, but mostly use Logic because of its picture-scoring features, and Luna doesn't have that capability yet. However, Luna's summing mixers sound killer and very hardware-like, and depending on the project, there are times I track in Logic, finalize the basic tracks to picture, and then import the tracks into Luna for mixing.

On the pedalboard, I use the Strobostomp HD, exactly as you did before going 'in the box'.

I use Peterson Stroboclip HDC on acoustics; Strobostomp HD for electrics.
I sometimes favor sweetened tunings for certain songs, riffs, instruments, etc. AFAIK, Peterson is the only stand alone tuner that has that functionality.

This one is pretty cool and works very well. https://www.tunerette.net/

xZfBvMdl.jpg
1u6sCL2l.jpg

I use this:

D'Addario Micro Headstock Tuner​

It's quite small: has a low profile, doesn't need much headstock real estate, and can be mounted and viewed either side (back or front of headstock).

The only negative, IMHO, is that it isn't as bright as some.

I suppose the price is annoyingly high, even for the two pack I normally buy (currently $37 for two). They used to be a lot cheaper ($22 for two)...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FKF1PY?th=1

Back