What to do about bare wood showing

RobS

First... Hello all! This is my first post here.

I am the proud new owner of a McCarty 594. The previous owner was not very nice to it, which I suppose was good for me because it made this amazing guitar affordable.

Overall it's in great shape in terms of function, but cosmetically it needs some TLC. I'm sure I'll have it refinished eventually, but for now I'm worried about a couple of chips/gouges on the back that go clear to the bare wood under the finish.

Is there anything I should do in the short term to seal these spots, or is it nothing to worry about?

Rob

First... Hello all! This is my first post here.

I am the proud new owner of a McCarty 594. The previous owner was not very nice to it, which I suppose was good for me because it made this amazing guitar affordable.

Overall it's in great shape in terms of function, but cosmetically it needs some TLC. I'm sure I'll have it refinished eventually, but for now I'm worried about a couple of chips/gouges on the back that go clear to the bare wood under the finish.

Is there anything I should do in the short term to seal these spots, or is it nothing to worry about?

Rob

How big of spots are we talking? Small ones nail polish does great. If it's real beat up I wouldn't worry about it.

Must not get banned.... Must not get banned.... Must not g

giphy.gif

Back