What is your favorite go to PRS amp when you play gigs and why?

el chuco

Mine is the PRS "30" combo. It's light & easy to transport, quick to dial in and the tones I get are sweet whether I use single coils, P-90s or HB loaded guitars. It's just the perfect plug-n-play amp and I can cover basically any genre of music excluding metal. And the truth also is, that it's the only PRS amp I own so far, but, I sure do love it! I don't even know if I really need another PRS amp cause this one does it for me in spades!!!!!

I have to say that my Mesa Boogie TA15 is the holly grail if I'll do a rock/grunge kind of set. But if I need a beefier sound, then the 2 channel "H" is the way to go. I have a 1x12" Mesa Cabinet and a PRS 2x12" and I choose between them depending on the place I am going to jam (some times they have speaker cabinets there, so it's even better) and how lazy I am. Yes, sometimes I am too tired to carry a big head and a 2x12" Big Mouth.

I own a 2-Channel "H" head, but the "30" is my favorite PRS combo.

If recording sessions count as gigs, what I currently have - and love - is an HX/DA. I've been using it with a Mesa Recto 2 x 12. I've been using it on everything from clean to high gain tones.

It sounds fantastic.

Edit: "And why?" Because it can do most everything well. For the highest gain, heavy stuff, I like it with a fuzz.

Last edited:
2 Channel "C" is everything i could ask for.. Small light weight and has a huge tone...

I am torn between the 25th anniversary rev B and the MDT. Really depends on the venue, but lately it has been the Rev B.

Hey, you gotta go with what works best at gigs! Whatever that may be.

My H stays at home exclusively, I've been gigging with an Orange RV50 lately and really enjoying the way it sounds through the P.A.. The H still fulfills a role at home and in practice.

If recording sessions count as gigs, what I currently have - and love - is an HX/DA. I've been using it with a Mesa Recto 2 x 12. I've been using it on everything from clean to high gain tones.

It sounds fantastic.

Edit: "And why?" Because it can do most everything well. For the highest gain, heavy stuff, I like it with a fuzz.

I've been thinking of using a 212 cab with my PRS "30" combo, but then, it will not be light and as easy to transport. Grab-n-Go is one of my favorite things about the "30".

I've been thinking of using a 212 cab with my PRS "30" combo, but then, it will not be light and as easy to transport. Grab-n-Go is one of my favorite things about the "30".

It's great to have an amp that's easy to transport!

My gigs are nearly all in my studio, where I usually have the cab set up in front of a mic for recording, and the head near my workstation. So transportability is less of an issue.

Back