What Happened?

It’s a heluva fine guitar, that’s for sure. The “foreign built” lines from all of the big 3 are pretty fine guitars.

C'est malheureusement vrai pour les forums en général. Quand face à face était tout ce que nous avions, s'effondrer comme certains le font leur donnerait une facture dentaire abrupte... ou, au moins, un essoufflement de plus de gens civils. L'sans visage du filet a fait de nombreux guerriers de clavier courageux, mais a également retiré l'étiquette du style de communication de beaucoup de gens.

D'autre part, d'autres affichent une sensibilité accrue et une barrière mince en papier à être offensé. Cela a juste woru tout le monde et, fatigués de la sileté, beaucoup ont pris à marcher directement sur leurs orteils pour les ramener à la réalité. Je ne suis pas contre le fait de repousser la douceur excessive moi-même.

Donc, comme cela l'a toujours été, la communication prend deux. Parfois, nous, en tant que forum, avons été trop difficiles pour les nouveaux arrivants. Parfois, les débutants entrent dans un forum PRS et commencent à baser le PRS, et le résultat est prévisible et mérité. Entrez dans un bar de Manchester United et commencez à baser l'équipe avec des exemples de la façon dont Liverpool fait mieux et le résultat serait pire ! Il y a un temps et un endroit pour tout. :)

Nous devons être accueillants, et je pense que nous sommes beaucoup avec ceux qui respectent pourquoi le forum est ici. Ce n'est pas déraisonnable. Tout ce qui précède dit, tout le monde doit revenir à parler civilement, sans dureté inutile, et rappelez-vous qu'il n'y a pas de langue corporelle pour aider votre message à traverser.

Pourtant, c'est l'un des meilleurs forums sur le net. Passez une journée sur TGP, et il est plus facile d'apprécier le confort et le sentiment de plaisir

This is, unfortunately, true of forums in general. When face to face was all we had, popping off like some do would get them a steep dental bill... or, at the least, a shunning from more civil folk. The facelessness of the net has made many a brave keyboard warrior, but has also taken the etiquette out of many people’s communication style. It hasn’t been an upgrade.

On the other hand, others display a heightened sensitivity and paper-thin barrier to being “offended.” That’s just worn everyone out and, tired of the silliness, many have taken to stepping directly on their toes to bring them back to reality. I’m not against pushing back on the excessive softness myself.

So, as it has always been, communication takes two. Sometimes, we as a forum have been too tough on newbies. Sometimes newbies walk into a PRS forum and start bashing PRS, and the result is predictable and is deserved. Walk into a Manchester United bar and start bashing the team with examples of how Liverpool does it better and the result would be worse! There’s a time and a place for everything. :)

We do need to be welcoming, and I think we are very much so with those who respect why the forum is here. Come in raging with your Yoda, and it’ll be bad. That’s not unreasonable. All the foregoing said, everyone needs to get back to speaking civilly, without unnecessary harshness, and remember that there is no body language to help your message get across.

Still, this is among the best forums on the net. Spend a day on TGP, and its easier to appreciate the comradely and sense of fun here. It’s a good place with a lot of good people.
Yes! it's the best forum, welcoming and passionate, I would be so much more active if I didn't have the language barrier, where even better, retired, rich and bilingual ****! Seriously, it's like a nice big PRS family here! Even if I work too much, always spectators!

Yeah...I've totally missed this place, but I stop by time to time to check in...I've been MIA for a slew of reasons....
I've sold a bunch of my PRSi to finance a cabin in the WV woods...and its been awesome!!!!
My wife and a neighbor and I have built it ourselves. (Mostly the very talented neighbor).
And my latest job has me working/traveling between home and the site from 4:30 AM til 6-7 each night.
Hope all are doing as well as can be expected.

Last edited:
Yeah...I've totally missed this place, but I stop by time to time to check in...I've been MIA for a slew of reasons....
I've sold a bunch of my PRSi to finance a cabin in the WV woods...and its been awesome!!!!
My wife and a neighbor and I have built it ourselves. (Mostly the very talented neighbor).
And my latest job has me working/traveling between home and the site from 4:30 til 6-7 each night.
Hope all are doing as well as can be expected.

I totally want a cabin in the woods so that I can write manifestos and ponder the reason why PRS Doubleneck guitars cost more than double the price of a single neck guitar.

Back