What are you listening to right now?

One of my all time fave bands , Randy played with Jimi in the Blues Flames . I saw them many times in small clubs and got to talk with Randy after the shows .

I've been writing a book about my Native American kin and this music has been it's sound track

I've currently got that "Gucci Gucci" song going full-on earworm on me at the moment. Saw something during the SNL Weekend Update segment, didn't know what they were referencing, and so I had to look it up. Great... now I can't un-hear it.

The Tommy Emmanuel show got me thinking about my favorite acoustic player, Michael Hedges. Had the distinct joy of talking to him three times (each time I saw him). Definitely was thinking on a different plane than most of us. One of my buddy's favorite quotes of his that illustrated this was when he was asked about playing music, and he said, "Well, you can think of it in three different ways. You can think about the note you just played. Or you can think about the note you're playing right now. Or you can think about the note you're going to play next."

I liked how he made covers his own. Unless you'd heard them before, you didn't really know what was coming until the vocals kicked in.

EDIT: Posting the correct song this time.

Last edited:
This is one of my favorite tunes, taken from the last tour. A couple weeks after this show, I saw him for the final time. At that show, I took a couple of photos with me. One, my favorite live photo I ever took, I had him sign. It's sitting framed in my music area. Another, I gave to him. It was him fully immersed in what he was playing, with a young girl, maybe six years old, just staring at him. He looked at the photo for about 30 seconds, then said, "Wow, that's...that's really nice. Thank you." We chatted for a few minutes, and during that, he pulled the picture out two or the times and just said, "Wow." Less than two weeks later, he was dead. So glad I took that pic to get signed.

Back