Well, It's Over

Don't do it Alan!

I took a break from music stuff this summer and managed to break my back just last Saturday.

Play it safe. Play guitar.
Dude, hope you get well real soon! That would frustrate me all to heck.

In the meantime, I guess you get to listen to lots of tunes, rather than play! (Just avoid headbanging tunes, and no air drumming, that can't be good for healing a broken back...)

I'm good guys. Up and about.

The tech doing the CT scan told me I broke my back. I corrected him. The doctor already told me it was lumbar transverse process fractures of L1 - L5 on the left side. Cracked, not "broken".
Painful, like the worst back muscle pull ever, but I picked up my guitar today.

Didn't mean to derail Alan's post, but it seemed to fit. I got a PWC that didn't run for dirt cheap and avoided amp indecision with that project. Should've just bought a few amps and saved some pain.

Thanks for the well wishes. I hear I'll be good in 4-6, or 10 weeks.

I'm good guys. Up and about.

The tech doing the CT scan told me I broke my back. I corrected him. The doctor already told me it was lumbar transverse process fractures of L1 - L5 on the left side. Cracked, not "broken".
Painful, like the worst back muscle pull ever, but I picked up my guitar today.

Didn't mean to derail Alan's post, but it seemed to fit. I got a PWC that didn't run for dirt cheap and avoided amp indecision with that project. Should've just bought a few amps and saved some pain.

Thanks for the well wishes. I hear I'll be good in 4-6, or 10 weeks.

Glad to hear it!

A belated 'yeezh', well wishes, glad it's not worse, etc.

And it's the one time I feel no compunction saying "enjoy those legal drugs!"

WTF is disc makers?
A self help group for wannbe musicians. :D
hah!

If you are a small band and have a recording you want put on a CD with artwork, etc, Disc Makers can help you get what you want. There are several outfits that do that kind of service, and I honestly don't know if Disc Makers is better than average or not. I seem to recall some of these services will also get you songs on iTunes and CDBaby. I think one of my bandmates has used Disc Makers for one or more of her solo CDs.

no disrespect to anyone. I was trying to be funny. Every once in a while, I get it right.

Meantime, I know what they do and know how valuable it is to many. There's a reason I'm on their list.

Oh, I wasn't defending them. If anything, they went through a period -- due to being one of the first -- of not being very cost effective as the cost of printing your own CDs dropped dramatically. They just couldn't drop their prices fast enough, and/or they couldn't find other ways to "add value".

So my comment should have been, "It's funny because it's true."

PS All musicians wanted to be musicians before they were musicians. So I don't take the expression as derogatory.

Yeah, I get it. I know more than one person who has used them, several who have used CD Baby, etc.

I want to be a musician some day.

Back