Well, It's Over

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
I have to give up playing music.

Oh, I don't really want to, but my hand is being forced.

Yesterday, I received an e-mail from Disc Makers with this subject line:

Stop disappointing your fans, Alan

I didn't know Disc Makers was collecting complaints from my fans. For that matter, I didn't even know I had fans. That's not totally true - there's an oscillating fan in the living room, and a few ceiling fans, but other than that...

Wow, I didn't know Disc Makers was still a thing. Impressive research, though.

You don't need to quit. You need to hire a marketing team to see what it'll take to get that living room fan to quit oscillating and join Team Alan for good!

Don't do it Alan!

I took a break from music stuff this summer and managed to break my back just last Saturday.

Play it safe. Play guitar.

I think you should tell your fans to go to suck eggs.

Rob, sorry about your back, that's gotta be hell.

Thanks guys. It will all heal up.

But I need Alan's guitar work to entertain and inspire me. Fall is coming. Maybe you can just turn the fans off for a while and they won't be disappointed.

And stop trying this.

Sorry to hear about that, Rob - hope things are well on the upswing!

Part of the reason I got into music was because I heard other musicians talking about licking their fans after shows. Wasn't as exciting as I'd hoped.

Yeah...what Rob said...your on the wrong forum to show what your fans might endure.eewwww
Actually though, pretty cool leslie/chorus effect...just gotta find a fan that will fit on a PedalTrain Jr.
And Good Luck, Rob!!!!

I feel bad for you. It's in really poor taste to brag while others are hurting, but the email I got from Diskmakers yesterday said "Your fans love you. Time to give them more of what they want." I was feeling pretty good about myself, also being unaware of a fan base. (Other than Sergio of course, who has supported my career since I was a struggling street Ukulele player).

(Edit to say... this was posted in joking response to Alans post. Didn't realize one of the PRS brothern was actually physically hurt recently! Sorry Rob! If it's any consolation, I keep feeling a stabbing pain in my back, and think Les is working some more of his recently discovered voodoo! )

Last edited by a moderator:
Back