V12 gloss to satin?

Ape Factory

I have an SC-58 Artist package with a very high gloss V12 finish. It's actually more glossy than a DGT I owned at one point. I'm a big fan of semi gloss or satin guitars and I'm wondering if, other than nitro, there's a possibility to get the V12 finish in satin? Anyone ever brave enough to hit the guitar with micro mesh to take the sheen off? I just can't see doing it that way and not having fine scratches visible at the right angle vs. a true applied satin finish. I had a Paul's Dirty 100 and I loved that satin finish. I currently have a Corsa LCPG with a satin nitro finish and again, love it. Thoughts? I sent an email into PTC but if anyone's had some first hand experience, that'd be great.

Got an answer back from PRS. Would necessitate stripping and refinishing in satin nitro. Not sure what that would run and guessing it's not cheap. I think I'll leave it be and spend money on lessons.

That would be around $1200. I have a reply in my Inbox from someone who did this to his Signature Ltd..

Computer says no. Don't love a satin finish quite that much but I realize it'd be a painstaking process and that's probably a reasonable figure.

Back