Used PRS SE245 Worth It?

deakle

I found a used, mint condition SE245 for less than $400. Is it worth it? I think so. I want something to mod and have been scouting SE Bernies but the only ones I can find are north of $600 or in Europe which makes shipping prohibitive. So what do you guys think? @bodia? @sergiodeblanc?

I found a used, mint condition SE245 for less than $400. Is it worth it? I think so. I want something to mod and have been scouting SE Bernies but the only ones I can find are north of $600 or in Europe which makes shipping prohibitive. So what do you guys think? @bodia? @sergiodeblanc?

If it's not beat to sh!t, do it! Have some fun with it!

Yeah, sounds alright. You ever check the “used” section at Dave’s? They’ve always got a ton of ‘em starting at $350 for the Standards.... which are kinda cool with the binding.

you've always gotta look the cheap ones over, just to be safe. IME sometimes people flog them off cheap because they've broken something or mistreated it, and they'll keep quiet about it.

I do like the SE245s though, they feel like a big fat tele to me. They're very stable, they tuck under your arm like an extension fo your body and they take what you dish out

Back