Ugh... it's tax day...

toothace

Zombie Thirteen, DFZ
This was not a good year tax-wise for me...on the plus side I got remarried, bought a house, and scored a killer McCarty at Experience and a sweet HXDA(Thank you again Bodia!!) ...but alas here's why there is no gear fund for 2017...

IMG_1839_zpsjkojwprl.jpg

I hope y'all made out better with Uncle Sam than I did! I look forward to living vicariously through everyone else's NGD and NADs!

My taxes shot up during the past administration at an alarming rate. This year was no exception. I don't see that trend stopping. Once they have it they don't want to let it go.

My wife's company got bought out last year. We got a fairly big check from the stock buyout that had no withholdings taken from it. We knew it was going to be a year we owed. I was shocked it was only a third of what we expected it to be. Left some discretionary funds! Odd though, both of the companies we work for have been bought in the past. This was the first time they didn't just roll everything into the new companies stock.

It's a great day for me. My better half is an accountant, so after her firm's drinkin' party tonight I get her back on regular hours.

The funny thing is, her family are pretty much all accountants, so the first day you can file they stay up late like it's Black Friday or some sh!t to be the first ones to get 'em done. Nerds.

I did 5 sets of taxes this year. Mrs. and I both had pretty bigs refunds, I large part because I decided to only work half of the year. The government didn't trust me to be lazy so the requested that I pay tax instalments for the full year. I got the money we loaned them back last week.

FYI I always send taxes and prepayments certified return receipt. Several times the IRS has said either we paid late or didn't file and I had the stamped return cards to prove otherwise. Cheap insurance.

We're going to spend our return on child care over the summer.

The only musical instrument we get is a sad trombone

Debbie%20Downer.png

I did 5 sets of taxes this year. Mrs. and I both had pretty bigs refunds, I large part because I decided to only work half of the year. The government didn't trust me to be lazy so the requested that I pay tax instalments for the full year. I got the money we loaned them back last week.

Time to buy a pink guitar?

Seems to me we know where there's a pink guitar just waiting for a good home, too!

Due to paying off a large chuck of a line of credit, I sent in the equivalent of a very nice PS...

I filed for an extension and I'll probably owe even more in September... :mad::mad::mad:

Due to paying off a large chuck of a line of credit, I sent in the equivalent of a very nice PS...

I filed for an extension and I'll probably owe even more in September... :mad::mad::mad:

Though I got a small refund because I gutted my deductions on my W4, the total I paid this year would have gotten me 3 Private Stocks...:(

I found tax day to be a lot less fun when I got past those minimum wage college jobs. This year was no exception, thankfully I caught it in September and started withholding more to minimize the damage!

I adjust withholdings trying to break even. I have more taken out each pay on the income side, because dividends never seem to get it just right. I succeeded with MD, but Uncle Sam wanted more.

Back