The SC250!

It really does not look like any black cherry I’ve ever seen. My local dealer is doing a set up and said the same, doesn’t look like black cherry. It’s lighter and has more brown mixed in with the red.

Either way, I think it’s my favorite PRS.

Lq4D1Ly.jpg

Quick update: the guitar is black cherry that has faded to a cinnamon color. But the area under the bridge is black cherry.

I also brought the guitar into a local tech to deal with the fret buzz, but he didn’t fix anything. I’ll bring it somewhere else and see if it needsfret leveling or maybe a nut. A couple of the slots seem pretty low.

I didn’t want to start a new thread, but just an update. This SC-250 was kind of an afterthought and I thought I might flip it but it’s becoming one of my favorite guitars.

These outdoor shots show the faded black cherry much better. My earlier pics looked dull and brown-ish.

Also, I’ve stuck to my guns: no new guitars this year! :p Cheers

wa0nWtV.jpg

xUL3nOm.jpg

EnDICbv.jpg

I didn’t want to start a new thread, but just an update. This SC-250 was kind of an afterthought and I thought I might flip it but it’s becoming one of my favorite guitars.

These outdoor shots show the faded black cherry much better. My earlier pics looked dull and brown-ish.

Also, I’ve stuck to my guns: no new guitars this year! :p Cheers

wa0nWtV.jpg

xUL3nOm.jpg

EnDICbv.jpg

Very nice! However it’s only September;)

I have enough guitars setup with vintage or vintage hot pickups.

I think we have a winner here with the SC250. Pretty badass rawk guitar. It doesn’t sound like any other PRS guitars that I’ve played. I didn’t expect it to, but this hangs with my R7 Les Paul with BKP Nail Bomb pickups. I had planned to swap out the SC250 bridge pickup for a Duncan Custom/‘59 Hybrid but this is staying put for now.

EDIT: This is Red Tiger (10 top!). My pics make it look brown, but it’s a lot more red in person.

JXXLXLZ.jpg

That LP looks like a rock machine. First cousins once removed from the great-uncle's side. Are they getting along? :D

That LP looks like a rock machine. First cousins once removed from the great-uncle's side. Are they getting along? :D

Oh yeah, that’s my guitar of mass destruction. It’s actually a R8 (‘58 reissue) with BKP Nailbombs. These are my only 2 guitars with hot pickups and they get along great. They’re both 2008 so I pretend it was meant to be lol

Oh yeah, that’s my guitar of mass destruction. It’s actually a R8 (‘58 reissue) with BKP Nailbombs. These are my only 2 guitars with hot pickups and they get along great. They’re both 2008 so I pretend it was meant to be lol
An R8 in black robe? Was it refinished or there was such a thing?

It really does not look like any black cherry I’ve ever seen. My local dealer is doing a set up and said the same, doesn’t look like black cherry. It’s lighter and has more brown mixed in with the red.

Either way, I think it’s my favorite PRS.

Lq4D1Ly.jpg

Beautiful trio. :)

I had been looking for the right deal on one of these for a few years. Found one and it should be here in a week or so! Wide Fat neck, longer scale for 1/2 and full step down, the elusive Red Tiger finish ...

I’m told it's a stock 2008. I’m not too sure what to expect from the SC pickups other than they are allegedly “hot” ... I’ve got a Duncan ‘59/Custom Hybrid on standby just in case.

It’s funny - a few weeks ago I had one PRS - the Custom 24 that I bought 3 years ago. Then the McCarty that I ordered in February showed up a couple weeks ago. Here’s hoping the used SC250 pans out! Pics when it arrives.

Oh, and I am cutting myself off from gear for 2019, so don’t start with me lol :p
Hey!
I saw your old post here. I also have a PRS SC250 and love it. Hardtail, not sure if they made them with a trem like the tremonty. I would only buy a trem model if it was flush against the body or blocked. I don't really use floating trems.
What caught my eye is your said it has a longer scale. What did you mean?
I thought all PRS models were 25" scale except a few have a Gibson 24.75" scale and some of the baritone have a 26"?
Not sure if any have a Fender 25.5".
Im sure my SC250 has a 25" scale like my CE22.

Hey!
I saw your old post here. I also have a PRS SC250 and love it. Hardtail, not sure if they made them with a trem like the tremonty. I would only buy a trem model if it was flush against the body or blocked. I don't really use floating trems.
What caught my eye is your said it has a longer scale. What did you mean?
I thought all PRS models were 25" scale except a few have a Gibson 24.75" scale and some of the baritone have a 26"?
Not sure if any have a Fender 25.5".
Im sure my SC250 has a 25" scale like my CE22.

The SC250 is 25" scale....and that is part of the name. There was also the SC245 that was 24.5" scale..so maybe he was referring to that.

On another note...yes there are other PRS guitars in different scale lengths...the 513 had 25.25" of course the silver sky is 25.5" and the Tremonti Baritone had 25.5" as well....not really a Baritone truly...but that longer scale length did allow better stability for lower tunings. There are more.....Starla, 594, ect.....but in general it is mostly 25" scale.

The SC250 is 25" scale....and that is part of the name. There was also the SC245 that was 24.5" scale..so maybe he was referring to that.

On another note...yes there are other PRS guitars in different scale lengths...the 513 had 25.25" of course the silver sky is 25.5" and the Tremonti Baritone had 25.5" as well....not really a Baritone truly...but that longer scale length did allow better stability for lower tunings. There are more.....Starla, 594, ect.....but in general it is mostly 25" scale.
Holcomb is also 25.5"

Back