The SC245, And Why I Love 2 Piece Bridges For SCs

The 2-piece bridge is definitely my favorite from PRS. I grew up playing TOM style bridges so it just feels right. I really like the tone as well. Sounds a bit thicker and woodier than the single piece IMO.

Sorry to revive this thread, but i'd like to know if any of you guys have swapped out a PRS wrap with an adjustable wrap or lightning bar or gibson wraptail and noticed a tonal difference? I believe that the TOM design is what gives LPs that woody midrange and even Gibson wraparounds sound different cos the design is different from a PRS wrap..would the closest i could get be an adjustable wrap since there will be some additional break angle from tailpiece to saddles? Thanks guys!

I`m a stoptail idiot, so I`ve tried almost every combination. I think the most important thing is locking studs. I prefer Jason Schroeder locking studs. They`re on 4 of my stoptails.His bridges are also great. My favorite combination (this week) is Schroeder locking studs with the original one piece aluminum bridge on my old core Mira. The clarity and sustain above the 12th fret are noticeably better. That`s why I do it.

thanks for the insight dogrocketp! Heard great things about the Schroeder, but ultimately the looks kept me away. Do you happen to know why the locking studs made such a difference? Is it the stability or the material? THanks!

Back