The Rolling Stones: Hackney Diamonds

WOW! I had not heard about it, but I would have to blame the marketing departments of the label!! I LOVE the video ;~)) I think the whole billboards thing is one of the most innovative ideas in music videos I have seen in a long time, and they did a great job on it! I like the song to, message is very apropos considering nobody seems to "care". Don't get angry with them!!! Thanks for bringing to my attention, I will try to help with their marketing pro bono (at least that is what I am going to tell the cute girl in the leather star chaps) ;~))

I LOVE IT. Almost 20 years since a new tune from them and I think they've done a great job with this song. Hope the rest of the album is this good. But, here again, I'm an old geezer, been a Stones fan from the beginning. Doesn't make me a bad person, though ;)

Here's a good tidbit from the interview above. There is one song they recorded in 2019 with Charlie on drums, and Bill on bass. That's pretty frickin' cool. And, Charlie said if anything ever happened to him the boys should go on with Steve Jordan on drums. Good choice!

Man, what a great article. Nice to see not only Charlie and Bill credited for performances on the album, but Paul McCarthy, Stevie Wonder, & Lady Gaga appear as well.

Both Keith and Mick commented on making a record that first of all they love. Which, should, IMO include not chasing trends in music the way they did during Mick's disco period.

The Stones never needed to chase trends - just stay close to their roots in Blues/Rock, produce and record killer tracks like "Don't Get Angry" and us long-time followers that may have strayed elsewhere for that rock will be back in the fold.

Wow, just think if the entire album is as good as it's first track. Thank's Flats for the update.

Well ... to borrow a phrase ... Alright, alright, alright!!! Two songs so far, and both smashingly good. A slow sway on this one, but a great song with the added flair of Stevie Wonder on a variety of keys and of course killer backup vocals from Lady Gaga. Way to go Stones.

Back