the PRS that changed me...

markd21

I am truly excited to be playing the guitars I always wanted to own. The biggest thing that was always holding me back 9aside from price when I was younger) was that I always bought the WRONG guitar for me. I was always buying 24 fret CEs because I THOUGHT I preferred bolt-ons to set necks (and looking at my shred guitars you would understand why). But, the guitar that changed it ALL for me, and helped realize I was buying PRS the wrong way is this simple S2 Standard Singlecut:

S2%20singlecut%202_zps6a03gyfk.jpg

Not only is this guitar beautiful, in an understated way, but it sounds AMAZING!!! Tonally it gives me a lot and I like the pickguard. In fact, I love it so much that at one point my plan was to get one in each of the metallic colors - but I really only like this blue and the champagne gold. I DID get a champagne gold S2 Standard 22, but I regretfully traded it toward an MC58. I do NOT regret the MC58, but I DO regret losing the Standard 22. My eyes are peeled for another....

Anyway, this is the one that changed my PRS "issue".

Nice guitar - and yes, the sound you hear from the guitar is what should matter. Everything else is just gravy.

Yes, indeed. I really do like the sound of the ALL mahogany guitars. While the maple cap guitars sound great (especially the post 2012 guitars I have) it is the all mahogany instruments that just give me the tone instantly.

A criminally overlooked model. Not having any luck selling mine for a decent price. Maybe it's a sign from the universe telling me to keep it?

When I play a 4 knob guitar I tend to keep the neck pickup rolled down. The clear PRS knobs are hard to tell where I am, so I figured, "what the heck? why not try something different??" I put the chicken head on there so I could ALWAYS tell where the knob is.
I like it!

Lovely guitar you've got there!

When choosing my PRS, I was really drawn to the S2. What attracted me to PRS was the neck more than anything. What an awsome feeling neck. I also prefer dot over bird inlays.

The knobs had to go though. Push/pull on the stock PRS knobs was a PITA for me.

Being a Strat guy, I also really liked the pickguard and having the option to swap loaded pickguards in and out (I like SD-PG's, but also like the stock pups in the S2 for clearer tones).

I've been waiting patiently for a re-release of the CE 22, but even if it does come out, I'm not sure it could win me over. The S2 truly is perfection for my tastes.

Love, love, love the S2!
thumbnail_20170303_152047_zpso0um0jcf.jpg

Cool guitar. Love standards, they rock. I like the kinda retro vibe those S2's have, taken from the Starla notebook.

Lovely guitar you've got there!

When choosing my PRS, I was really drawn to the S2. What attracted me to PRS was the neck more than anything. What an awsome feeling neck. I also prefer dot over bird inlays.

The knobs had to go though. Push/pull on the stock PRS knobs was a PITA for me.

Being a Strat guy, I also really liked the pickguard and having the option to swap loaded pickguards in and out (I like SD-PG's, but also like the stock pups in the S2 for clearer tones).

I've been waiting patiently for a re-release of the CE 22, but even if it does come out, I'm not sure it could win me over. The S2 truly is perfection for my tastes.

Love, love, love the S2!
thumbnail_20170303_152047_zpso0um0jcf.jpg

Your Standard is HOT!!!! I have another one coming today - an S2 Standard 22 in the Ice Blue. What pickups are in yours in that picture?

Thanks man. Those are the stock PRS pups with an open pickup cover. I have another pickguard thats loaded with Pearly Gates.

Back