The Modern Eagle1, Maybe the Best PRS' Ever

Rockmark

These were so good and still in such demand that players are ordering copies through the PS program. It's hard to find a used one now for less than 10K, And the ones I've seen don't even have Braz necks. I submit that the Braz neck ME1's were the best core ever available and will always represent as one of PRS' top ever made. If you have one, can we please see?

Last edited:
Gone, but never forgotten

A4861B20-7FE1-42DA-A4FC-E1658C234A7F.jpg

Sold due to my ongoing health problems, plus I basically modified this platform with my P245T (with solid Braz neck)

My MEII was a tremendous sounding guitar , an ME 1 would have had to be something special to top it

IMG_3090 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/152274366@N08/
You are exactly correct. That's where the second post Cites release of the ME1's with 5708 Pups came in. Made these guitars near perfect. I have a couple ME1's w RP pups and a couple w 5708's. I still have an ME2 and love it too.

I’ve had my MEI since 2005. It’s wonderful! I put on it Jescar SS FW57110 stainless jumbos with a bone nut, faux bone tuner buttons and amber lampshade knobs. Still have the RPs on board. Neck feels awesome, tone simultaneously “husky” and “snappy”.

If we could post pictures directly vs 3rd party hosting I’d be doing so now…..

They are indeed wicked guitars. And yes--very much like the Westie--a strong argument could be made that they are the best/most-versatile PRS (or otherwise) guitar created within this generation.

Mine ain't goin' anywhere. (Although, I do at least appreciate hearing that prices have gone even farther ridiculous, because I don't think I exactly got mine "for a steal." Unless you count the other guy as the robber.)

Wait a minute…
A guy who won’t post pics is making requests of others to post pics?🙃
Sorry Distort6 I didn't post pictures of my 2 ME1 FBJ's, 1SC Char., 1Yellow Tiger and an Amber for you. As tdarin feels, who commented here, I refuse to post using a 3rd party. (my discretion). However if you go to PRSGOW you will see dozens of my PRS's and all the above ME1's I listed. BTW, since you felt compelled to chime in, let's see some pics of your ME1!!!

Last edited:
Sorry Distort6 I didn't post pictures of my 2 ME1 FBJ's, 1SC Char., 1Yellow Tiger and an Amber for you. As tdarin feels, who commented here, I refuse to post using a 3rd party. (my discretion). However if you go to PRSGOW you will see dozens of my PRS's and all the above ME1's I listed. BTW, since you felt compelled to chime in, let's see some pics of your ME1!!!
I must have typed out several replies to this. This is the nicest I came up with.
You can have your sword fight by yourself.

This is one of those guitars that sounded better on paper to me than my actual experience with it. I didn't love the satin finish or the pickups in the end. The other issue with the only one I had was the 10lbs of shoulder crushing weight. Even with that, I still think it might be worth it to try one again if a reasonably priced one popped up. Until then, I'll settle for my Brazilian necked McCarty. Carry on.

Back