The International Committee Regarding Overpriced Updates Changes Its Mind.

It's the new world torture (like a slow drip on the forehead that never stops). Those that don't embrace it will get bought up or put out of business. Recurring revenues in the form of subscriptions is hot stuff right now, and the banks LOVE it because it gives them better data to base lending information upon, among other things. Steinberg last year ditched their dongles for online verification for users, and claim that they will NEVER move to a subscription based service. We shall see! If/when they do, I am out (been using Cubase from Steingberg since 2006 and it costs me about $100 every two years to stay up to date which I am fine with)! I have been paying monthly for Adobe's creative suite for I think 5 years or so now, and I am getting quite tired of it. I do like having all the new features available to me as released if I so choose, but that monthly fee is starting to wear me thin!

I should mention this plugin is tough on the computer processing. I have a 3 year old i9 with all the bells and whistles and a ton of RAM, but clearly it'll be time to go to an M2 Apple Silicon very soon.

Such a drag that this machinery becomes long in the tooth so quickly!

Guitars are the best investment. They almost always get better with age.

Last edited:
Back