Sweet vintage prs at Dave's

Dig that top, and that color! I just did my vintage trip though. Someone snag it!

How much is the average weight for a cu24?
It says 8! like something remarkable and I'm a bit confused. My McCarty (thicker body) is 6.6lb and my SC245 is 7.3lb (relieved).

It says 8! like something remarkable and I'm a bit confused. My McCarty (thicker body) is 6.6lb and my SC245 is 7.3lb (relieved).

I would think that's pretty close. I have a 96 CE24 that is 8 lbs. I was shocked at how heavy it was the first time I picked it up. The 91 LE Sig I just got is a hollow body, but is heavier than I expected to be. Haven't weighed it yet, but it is definitely over 7.

Looks like it could be a hard maple top to me. Also, the team equipped models are usually a little heavier, all other things being equal.

Last edited:
Dagnabit, now you have me looking at that Acoustic Chorus (Roland -- like a Jazz Chorus, except acoustic). I didn't even know those existed before you made me look. >:) Someone buy it so that I'm not tempted.

Check the weight before you pull the trigger, Dusty. My Roland JC 70 was a nice amp that weighed 2 tons. It went bye- bye for that reason.

Last edited:
Nice guitar. I have similar experience with weights. My two CE's are pretty hefty with the McCarty and Custom 22 being much lighter. The Santana is right about in the middle. All have great sustain but the Custom and the McCarty ring like crazy. I do not know how in the world people play 11 pound LP's that are dead as a doornail.

Check the weight before you pull the trigger, Dusty. My Roland KC70 was a nice amp that weighed 2 tons. It went bye- bye for that reason.
Lollers -- yeah, I already made that mistake with the Rivera 4x10 combo I have. No, I have too many amps, not getting an ACxx nor a JCxx until I get rid of some things, or move into my own place. (wanders off to look up what a KC70 is...sounds like it's in the xCxx family of amps...)

I've had many early CU24s and they were all around 8lbs. Either all mine are heavy or that's a pretty normal weight.

Back