SUAPYG by Moondog Wily

Moondog Wily

Howlin' At The Moon!
OK, here is something that I don't normally do, but can not stop right now! That would be Travis picking!! Dropped my pick about a month ago and finished the song I was playing in said style. Now I want to play everything in that style!!! This is just me-andering with cowboy chords and the fabulous Axe FXIII ;~))

SUAPYG

This is nice, really like it. I'm home now doing rehab, and I chose to listen to this during one of the specific excercises I have to do. It so pleasing to me, I'll play it every time that excercise comes up in my routine!

Thank you for sharing this.

This is nice, really like it. I'm home now doing rehab, and I chose to listen to this during one of the specific excercises I have to do. It so pleasing to me, I'll play it every time that excercise comes up in my routine!

Thank you for sharing this.
Wow, what a fantastic compliment! So happy it is giving you such a great vibe!! I am OBSESSED right now with Travis Picking, 95% of what I am playing now I am doing in this style ;~)) Best wishes on your recovery and I am honored that my offering is of help!!!

sounds great , I've always preferred finger pickin , if it's good enough for Chet, Jeff Beck and Derek Trucks .. keep on pluckin!

It sounds good, which AX FX3 amp are you using!!?
@Moondog Wily was nice enough to send me one of his presets and one of the cool things is that the FAS Buttery amp which is pretty clean already is in parallel with the DI signal for a super clean effect, basically a 'mix' variable on the amp itself, going into the cab.

I really like the piece too!

Last edited:
@Moondog Wily was nice enough to send me one of his presets and one of the cool things is that the FAS Buttery amp which is pretty clean already is in parallel with the DI signal for a super clean effect, basically a 'mix' variable on the amp itself, going into the cab.

I really like the piece too!

It's great with the new beta update! I didn't ask for the preset, I might have a surprise in my message box!:D
Since purchasing this unit, I have gone through 25% of the amps! I stick to it for a long time and forget the others. Great discovery here! Agree with you, Moondog Wily is talented and that energy is contagious and the image in the post is simply stellar!

It's great with the new beta update! I didn't ask for the preset, I might have a surprise in my message box!:D
Since purchasing this unit, I have gone through 25% of the amps! I stick to it for a long time and forget the others. Great discovery here! Agree with you, Moondog Wily is talented and that energy is contagious and the image in the post is simply stellar!
Here is a link to that preset:
https://MoondogWily.com/PRS_Forum/MoondogWily_Preset_2023Oct01.zip

So funny (to me anyway) that within just the past week or so, I have built a new preset that I am now using every day. The one above, that I sent to Prina, I have used for the past year or more (and scenes 1, 5 and 6 is where I spend 95% of my time in that preset). There were updates along the way, but very similar to what I originally developed as my kitchen sink preset in 2022. Below is the link to my new one which is built around the #0299 factory preset "Plates" (this link has two versions, one where the plates/springs/reverb are before the amp/cab and one where they are after, I am liking the before option better and that one has been developed more). Considering the new plate and spring stuff in the FW23 update (which are amazing new additions IMO), I got sucked into this collection. Note that this is not fully developed, but I think it is going to be one of my fav presets going forward.

https://MoondogWily.com/PRS_Forum/MW_FW23b4_PlatePresets_NoVox_2023Oct29.zip
EDIT: I forgot to initially remove the vocal rows in my preset (I use the Axe for both my guitar and vocal effects). I have updated this link to a zip file that has the presets with no vocal rows (removing them saves quite a bit of CPU).

Keep in mind with all of the presets linked above, I am using stock dyna cabs, so if you do not yet have dyna cabs on your FAS product, it could sound extremely different than what I hear on my end. Also, this new preset is using the FAS Buttery amp on only one or two scenes so far but I intend on working it into the mix as I develop this one. Also note that this new one is a two amp preset and no DI clean in the chain at this point, which will be experimented with in the next few weeks. And finally, if you are on a FM3/9 or NOT on the FW23 Beta4 for the AxeIII, these new presets may sound completely different than what I am hearing as these are built around the new plate and spring algorithms that Cliff and his team have developed. They are soooooo much fun to play with and give a great feel to just about anything IMO!!!

Thanks for the very kind words Maxime and all others who have replied to my music threads! And those of you in the FAS world, I hope these presets give you some smiles and fun!

Anybody want to guess what SUAPYG is an acronym for?

OK, missed my goal yesterday of releasing a new song on the full moon, so I have to get to work! I will definitely be releasing a song on Oct 31!!! In the meantime, here is "SUAPYG 1698405071" that I did a few days ago with some cajon kickin' and me just noodling on cowboy chords. I do this as a warm up and/or preset testing which is me just playing through the 8 scenes in my current preset (I sometimes call it 8 Growls with each of the 8 scenes being a different growl of course) ;~))

Last edited:
Here is a link to that preset:
https://MoondogWily.com/PRS_Forum/MoondogWily_Preset_2023Oct01.zip

So funny (to me anyway) that within just the past week or so, I have built a new preset that I am now using every day. The one above, that I sent to Prina, I have used for the past year or more (and scenes 1, 5 and 6 is where I spend 95% of my time in that preset). There were updates along the way, but very similar to what I originally developed as my kitchen sink preset in 2022. Below is the link to my new one which is built around the #0299 factory preset "Plates" (this link has two versions, one where the plates/springs/reverb are before the amp/cab and one where they are after, I am liking the before option better and that one has been developed more). Considering the new plate and spring stuff in the FW23 update (which are amazing new additions IMO), I got sucked into this collection. Note that this is not fully developed, but I think it is going to be one of my fav presets going forward.

https://MoondogWily.com/PRS_Forum/MW_FW23Beta4_PlatePresets_2023Oct29.zip

Keep in mind with all of the presets linked above, I am using stock dyna cabs, so if you do not yet have dyna cabs on your FAS product, it could sound extremely different than what I hear on my end. Also, this new preset is using the FAS Buttery amp on only one or two scenes so far but I intend on working it into the mix as I develop this one. Also note that this new one is a two amp preset and no DI clean in the chain at this point, which will be experimented with in the next few weeks. And finally, if you are on a FM3/9 or NOT on the FW23 Beta4 for the AxeIII, these new presets may sound completely different than what I am hearing as these are built around the new plate and spring algorithms that Cliff and his team have developed. They are soooooo much fun to play with and give a great feel to just about anything IMO!!!

Thanks for the very kind words Maxime and all others who have replied to my music threads! And those of you in the FAS world, I hope these presets give you some smiles and fun!

Anybody want to guess what SUAPYG is an acronym for?

OK, missed my goal yesterday of releasing a new song on the full moon, so I have to get to work! I will definitely be releasing a song on Oct 31!!! In the meantime, here is "SUAPYG 1698405071" that I did a few days ago with some cajon kickin' and me just noodling on cowboy chords. I do this as a warm up and/or preset testing which is me just playing through the 8 scenes in my current preset (I sometimes call it 8 Growls with each of the 8 scenes being a different growl of course) ;~))

Thank you brother!
I'm going to listen this evening!! and installed the presets!
I'm on the latest version of AXE3, even if we have different sound systems or monitors, I'm sure I'll love your presets!

Thank you generous man! and as always the image is superb!!

Thank you brother!
I'm going to listen this evening!! and installed the presets!
I'm on the latest version of AXE3, even if we have different sound systems or monitors, I'm sure I'll love your presets!

Thank you generous man! and as always the image is superb!!
I realized that I had given you the presets with my vocal stuff still in there. Here is a zip file with the same two presets, but no rows of vocal stuff in there. I updated the link above as well and put an edit note in there:
https://MoondogWily.com/PRS_Forum/MW_FW23b4_PlatePresets_NoVox_2023Oct29.zip

You can also just delete all the stuff attached to the Input 2 block, including the input 2 block itself. That is where I have my vocals running into and being processed by the Axe!

OK, I'll bite... What does Suapyg mean/stand for? Or maybe I missed it.
That was/is a fine ditty BTW mate! :)
Well, I didn't ask who wanted to know! I asked who wanted to guess!! I will give you a couple hints, it is the acronym for an album by my favorite artist ever and the G stands for guitar!!! BTW Dave, posted a second one today with some cajon kicking in it as well (back 4 posts or so), though same routine, cowboy chord tavis picking!!!

Moondog: another catchy piece. Thanks!

I won't ask for the preset yet since the FM9 is months behind the AxeIII for updates.

Moondog: another catchy piece. Thanks!

I won't ask for the preset yet since the FM9 is months behind the AxeIII for updates.
Thanks for the kind words!

The preset is linked above, so you can grab it and when the spring/plate stuff trickles down to the FM9, you will have it. You could play with it as is, but you might have to adjust the reverb block to one of the existing springs/plates. I am confident it will make it to the FM series as Cliff can do ANYTHING IMO!!! Then again, as mentioned above, this is a "Preset in Progress" (aren't they all) so there will definitely be changes before Cliff gets this stuff ported over to FM9, so I will keep my eyes open on the FM9 and when that happens, I will send you the latest at that point.

Well, I didn't ask who wanted to know! I asked who wanted to guess!! I will give you a couple hints, it is the acronym for an album by my favorite artist ever and the G stands for guitar!!! BTW Dave, posted a second one today with some cajon kicking in it as well (back 4 posts or so), though same routine, cowboy chord tavis picking!!!
you-don-t-think-i-know-that-schitt-s-creek-mje9tb2jvemfqbre.gif

Back