Stupid 408 Question

boxstop7

Hey gang...been playing around with my new 408, and I'm realizing that documentation seems to be limited. The guitar came with an "owner's manual" of sorts, that lists the electronics configurations/instructions for tons of models, but the 408 wasn't listed in it. Nor have I been able to find the 408 configurations on the customer service page. Could anyone tell me if it's the up or down position of the mini-toggle that puts it in humbucker mode? I can figure out the rest from there. :)

As an aside, I noticed that Shawn mentioned in another post that there's a guy in PRS who's taking over all of the internet stuff for the company. I'm gonna PM him to let him know which pages I've noticed seem to be a little outdated. Thanks folks!

You'll get used to the sonic difference quickly. The tone gets markedly thicker in the low end and lower midrange when the guitar is in humbucker mode.

You should immediately be able to tell which one is which, especially in "clean" mode of the amp

Up - Single coil
Down - Humbucker

Toggle in the middle, Neck in single, Bridge in 'bucker, straight into my Custom 50 head...my favorite 408 sound! All I need is the volume knob.

Toggle in the middle, Neck in single, Bridge in 'bucker, straight into my Custom 50 head...my favorite 408 sound! All I need is the volume knob.

Oddly enough, that combo is turning out to be my favorite as well ('cept mine's running in to a Vox). So tasty!

I use the devil out of that combo as well. Love the 408 neck tapped with volume rolled off and tone maxed. Very satisfying indeed.

I go the other way Neck in bucker Bridge is single most of the time :congrats:
saying that I have not found a bad setting

Back