Stoptail Tremonti + order wait time?

Barney

I’ve been searching for a new stoptail 10
top Tremonti in Charcoal Burst, but I’ve had no luck. I’ve found a trem version that has caught my attention, but I’m worried I might regret my decision.

What’s the wait time if I were to place an order for one at a dealer?

There's a Tremonti Baritone stoptail on reverb right now in charcoal. It's set up for standard tuning. They are only 1/2 inch longer scale (25.5").
There are 6 or so other stoptails, including a black and whale blue smokeburst that look pretty close to charcoal.
I can't speak to the current wait time, but I'd guess close to a year. Your dealer could get a better estimate.

Good Luck!

I was on the exact same search around July, I was told lead time then was 8-12 months out.

Peach guitars has great videos of both the trem and the non trem version although probably through different amps. A good listen through quality headphones should help. Also there are a few live Alterbridge concerts on youtube, Mark will play both stoptail and trem versions through out that would be through the same rig so you can get an idea from there also.

I believe the stop tail to be a bit more aggressive and quick in the attack. More immediate kind of thing. The trem to me seems to bloom a bit more maybe a bit less biting but definitely no resonance loss at all compared to the stop tail. I went trem and am completely happy. Also I already had a Tremonti trem in the collection and compared it to a Gibbo LP of mine. Not completely apples to apples but a good close compare. The trem definitely had no resonance loss compared to the Gibson.

Man that looks awesome! Yeah that's what happened in my situation, I had actually decided to order at the local dealer, the rep had originally said 3 months, after we decided to go ahead he found out it was 8-12 months. So we decided to cancel. A few weeks later Sweetwater sent the email that one had come instock and now I own it!

Ive been waiting for an Artist Package Yellow Tiger stoptail Tremonti since March 2019. They keep pushing the date. Now they are saying December 2020, but who knows, I might get it until 2021...

Back