Stoptail Bridge Studs - How to adjust? Help

Orpheus

I own a PRS with wrap around bridge and noticed after adjusting the action that I had messed up one of the studs by using a flat head screw driver. Of course this was because the flat head was not wide enough therefore it made some marks in the groove of the stud.

So how do you guys ad just them without ruining them? wider flat head screw driver? Loosen the strings / wait for string change? I am curious.

You should always loosen the strings. You will cause damage if you don't. With the strings loose you can turn the studs by hand, or use a quarter.

Thanks for the advice!
Your welcome. I've taken a file and smoothed out the slots on studs that were damaged on used guitars I've purshased and it can sometimes fix them up just fine. If the damage is really bad I would just buy new ones or buy locking studs. Then you don't have the bridge falling off when you change strings.

Those tool are not the correct size for the PRS wraparound bridge studs, are they? I considered purchasing that set previously, but it didn't appear that it would work for that particular bridge.

Kevin

I’d measure your studs, call them, and ask. Never hurts to find out.

I upgraded to some locking ones on a singlecut. They adjust from under the bridge using a little wrench which i find easier than the old screwdriver. I think stewmac sell the studs in both imperial and metric threads

Back