Stolen Goods in Europe

Wakester

Re Member
Saw this on FB, thought I should share;

To all PRSGOW members,
This post is aimed for group members primarily in the UK and Europe.
I have today received an email from PRS Europe informing me that a truck carrying a large shipment of PRS stock heading to Germany was broken into and 222 PRS guitars were stolen (Approx £300k value). This happened at night on Tuesday 12th July. It appears that the perpetrators obviously had some knowledge of guitars as they left behind some SE and acoustic models of lower value and seemed to focus their attention on taking the higher valued goods.
PRS Guitars themselves are not at a loss, however this act will most likely result in the PRS dealers, or their insurers, being hit financially.
Stolen guitars when recovered can leave the innocent guitarist who paid good money for their dream guitar at a loss. We are all aware of the laws regarding stolen goods. PRS have therefore reach to us and asked us to pass this information on to the PRSGOW members, and ask you all to be particularly careful when buying a PRS which is “like new” built in ‘22. Guitars from a PRS authorised dealer are of course not affected.

PRS already spotted a Fiore listed on Facebook marketplace which is part of this haul, as well as 3 guitars (including a Private Stock) which were offered to non- PRS dealer Squealing Pig guitars yesterday and whose serial numbers confirm they were part of this haul. NOTE: This dealer was good enough to call PRS to check and did not buy them.
Please be vigilant and if you come across any PRS deals that may seem too good to be true, please check the list before handing over your hard earned cash!

Cheers
Mark
PRSGOW Admin

AKQSNwb.jpg

Prosecution to the fullest extent of the law is not enough to stop or deter them these days. Our collective society has become too liberal when it comes to crime and punishment. Things like public flogging, forced labor, and the guillotine need to be reintroduced.
Completely with you.

Prosecution to the fullest extent of the law is not enough to stop or deter them these days. Our collective society has become too liberal when it comes to crime and punishment. Things like public flogging, forced labor, and the guillotine need to be reintroduced.
A little harsh but I like it!:D

That's awful and what a mess. Thieves suck.

What's not mentioned is the unfortunate unsuspecting buyers of these stolen goods. We all know something is fishy for a $500 PS off the street corner but with today's online and even anonymous commerce like craigslist you may not have a clue.

I think Putin has some plans to do those kinds of things.

Off topic but this list is interesting if you've ever wondered about PRS sales. Although there's not 222 guitars listed there is more SE than anything, followed by core/bolt on, and lastly S2. It's also neat to see which models, look at all those SS.

Back