Sonzera 20 buzz

Discussion in 'Amplifiers' started by Jim Cerio, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Jim Cerio

Jim Cerio New Member

I bought a Sonzera 20 a few weeks ago. Sou ds amazing. So I plug i to it at home 1st day and dial it in. Use it at a gig that night. No problem. It sits for a,seek and I bring out to a gig. Clean channel hums so loud that the sou d guy shuts me off between songs. I have surgery so i dont get a chance to play with it until yesterday. Unbeleivable hum in the clean channel. I try a Humx and gound lift no change. Take it back to the store, no problem. I get a tripp lite iso bar back at my house and it still buzzes. My Blues Junior, my home made plexi dont buzz at all.
    Tomorrow since i am still recovering i am bringing my so to carry my blues junior and my Sonzera to like 10 different places and record if it buzzes or not. If it does I am going to want PRS to fix it or refund it.
    Anyone else have problems with these amps?

2. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

Could be a bad tube, but you should contact PRS customer service. PRS will take care of it. They’re great to deal with.

Incidentally, service issue posts are against the forum rules.

3. shinksma

shinksma What? I get a title?

This thread in a parallel sub-forum indicates that a non-zero number of folks have had similar issues, likely with tubes:

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/sonzera-20-noise-hiss.24304/

If you can exchange it for another, that might be the best solution. It is possible you just have a loose tube or a dirty contact on the tube, which is why it worked fine at the store, seemingly randomly - the tube happened to be making good contact. So might not need new tubes, just a re-seating.

4. Jim Cerio

Jim Cerio New Member

So far so good. My deelalwr is working with me and I am confident it will be resolved.

bodia likes this.