So, this is happening to my McCarty...

BrianM

Ok, all of my parts have arrived. Here's the plan.
Swapping pickups to a Tremonti set.
Changing electronics to CTS 500k pots with orange drop caps.
Changing the all black guyker locking tuners to Mann's vintage style nickel/cream lockers.
Swapping all plastic from black to cream (ivory).
Do a quick setup with a new string gauge (9-46).
Having a beer.
Jam.
Having another beer.
Jam.
And finally ..... Having 8 more beers along with jamming
We'll see if it all gets done today but the plan is to definitely have it done but the weekend. Wish me luck.

Ok, all of my parts have arrived. Here's the plan.
Swapping pickups to a Tremonti set.
Changing electronics to CTS 500k pots with orange drop caps.
Changing the all black guyker locking tuners to Mann's vintage style nickel/cream lockers.
Swapping all plastic from black to cream (ivory).
Do a quick setup with a new string gauge (9-46).
Having a beer.
Jam.
Having another beer.
Jam.
And finally ..... Having 8 more beers along with jamming
We'll see if it all gets done today but the plan is to definitely have it done but the weekend. Wish me luck.
I approve of your project, and the steps of your plan!

I approve of your project, and the steps of your plan!
This is The Way...

8WP6ZvI.jpeg

Welcome to the club!

Welcome to the club!

I read your whole post about your McCarty. And I couldn't agree with you more. It's a great instrument but just needs a little tweaking. I didn't like the way the electronics were housed inside at all. There's a lot of blowouts and you can see that the wood had chipped on the inside. In fact when I was installing the new CTS parts it was hard to get them to fit correctly even after drilling out the holes. I did some slight adjustments to the neck and bridge of course. However, I feel like either the nut or bridge is going to need some filing or replacement. I am happy overall. It's a great instrument for the price. I did a lot of work to it and it sounds exactly the way I wanted it to sound I just need to get the setup right and at this point I may have to take it to a pro. Again, I love your post and your review

Yeah I'm really happy with it. Being a Les Paul player most of my life this just feels more natural. It's got a slight bit of a chunky neck, but I'm kind of used to that. But no doubt it's screams now. I did a quick setup I still have to set the intonation properly I'll get as far as I can and if I'm not happy with it I have a guy here in South Jersey named Tom hawk. He's a master. But I think I can figure it out

Back