So I’ve never played a PRS Santana, What am I missing?

I like them, but the SC 594 McCarty is the best PRS model (and yes, I’m including my ME1s).
It'd be a close contest between that and the 20th PS Anniversary model for me (has 594 scale length and pretty thick body). I don't have an SC 594, but I've played 'em and really liked what they sounded like. Just a little too close to my McCarty Singlecut to spend the dough on, that's why I don't have one.

But I could get along fine with a Santana.

"Kind of a wishy-washy response."

"No surprise there, right?"

I like them, but the SC 594 McCarty is the best PRS model for me (and yes, I’m including my ME1s).

edit: I added two italicized words above. It’s all subjective, and the reason we don’t all choose the same. Thank goodness PRS makes so many wonderful models.
Lol! You’ve got like, four guitars. WTF do you know?

Unique guitar....at least mine is and for my usuals. It can't do the heavies but it wasn't meant to. I don't play mine really at all but the few times I have it has been an enjoyable experience. I am not exactly sure what you would call mine. The dealer I got it from (new) told me it was essentially a 1980 West Street but no body inlay. I was told they made an extra body or two in production for that run and mine was a leftover. Sapele top etc. It is a beautiful guitar but that is all I know. I can see why people really like the Santana but it would have to line up with your playing style IMO. Cool guitar though, no complaints about that from me. YMMV

Unique guitar....at least mine is and for my usuals. It can't do the heavies but it wasn't meant to. I don't play mine really at all but the few times I have it has been an enjoyable experience. I am not exactly sure what you would call mine. The dealer I got it from (new) told me it was essentially a 1980 West Street but no body inlay. I was told they made an extra body or two in production for that run and mine was a leftover. Sapele top etc. It is a beautiful guitar but that is all I know. I can see why people really like the Santana but it would have to line up with your playing style IMO. Cool guitar though, no complaints about that from me. YMMV
Pics!

Thanks gang…opted to go a different direction. Found something that checks many boxes and a great price. Unloading a few under played guitars tomorrow.

Back