Silver Sky Golden Mesa & Orion Green ??

Danielle Czapp

Hey all!!
I know this is an odd observation (and I'm not sure if anyone else was wondering the same thing) but I figured I'd post a thread.
I've been following the Silver Sky's for a while waiting on availability.
I'd always go back and forth between Orion Green and a few other colors but finally decided that the Golden Mesa with the maple board was what bit me.
Whilst browsing the site today I noticed that the Golden Mesa & Orion Green aren't listed anymore.
I wasn't sure if that was a fluke in the system or if there was a paint supply shortage that I wasn't aware of.
Either way, I know it's about a year or so wait on the Silver Sky's, but it definitely made me curious if there was anything going on behind the scenes with those two colors.

If anyone has any insight, feel free to comment or message me!
I'd love to chat!

Hey all!!
I know this is an odd observation (and I'm not sure if anyone else was wondering the same thing) but I figured I'd post a thread.
I'd always go back and forth between Orion Green and a few other colors but finally decided that the Golden Mesa with the maple board was what bit me.
Whilst browsing the site today I noticed that the Golden Mesa & Orion Green aren't listed anymore.
I wasn't sure if that was a fluke in the system or if there was a paint supply shortage that I wasn't aware of.
Either way, I know it's about a year or so wait on the Silver Sky's, but it definitely made me curious if there was anything going on behind the scenes with those two colors.

I'd love to chat!
The available colors change, I think every year. Once a color is retired (I guess you’d call it that), NOS or used is the only way to get it. My Horizon (candy apple) Red was from 2018, and afaik that’s the only year it was used.

Hey Rick! Thanks for reaching out. That does make a lot of sense & I hadn't thought of it until now. That Horizon red sure is beautiful too. I'm hoping I can eventually get my hands on a Golden Mesa. I may even consider the rosewood board, but I sure like the maple. Most of my guitars sport rosewood or ebony right now and I was gonna try to switch it up with the maple.

Hey Rick! Thanks for reaching out. That does make a lot of sense & I hadn't thought of it until now. That Horizon red sure is beautiful too. I'm hoping I can eventually get my hands on a Golden Mesa. I may even consider the rosewood board, but I sure like the maple. Most of my guitars sport rosewood or ebony right now and I was gonna try to switch it up with the maple.

I believe Golden Mesa was discontinued. I got mine (rosewood board) not long after that happened, more so by chance than having specifically wanting that color, but I like it.

Hey all!!

I'd love to chat!

There are quite a few new Golden Mesas with maple boards listed on Reverb. John Mann has one.

Back