Show your CE Alder here!

20150826_143827_zpsxpr10eaj.jpg

Still waiting for that neck to get finished and delivered. It's fast asleep in its case until then.

Well, if alder with maple top counts, I am in x2:

1990: The Guv'nuh. This is the angriest guitar I have ever played. I never even bothered to gauge-up to .10s. Possessed, she is. Lots of really cool mineral streaks in the top...

048.jpg

047.jpg

1992: Scarlett, she is a very hard to photograph. The top is insane for a CE. Not quite as angry as her older sister. But hot!

1992_zpsorgodv3n.jpg

Mike, that CE is just about PERFECT, love it!

Thanks Carl. It took me quite a while to find one this clean and all original, but it's exactly what I wanted. I've owned many different PRS guitars over the past many years, but for me the bolt-neck models have always worked best. I had a CE-22 for many years, but it was a mahogany body, and always fell slightly short of what I wanted to hear. Several pickup swaps later, I let that one go. I knew it was close, and that guitar haunted me for a long time. When I decided that I needed another CE, I set my sights on a CE-24 with an alder body. This one is really perfect for me. Turns out I like the WT 24-fret neck much better than the WF 22-fret. And the VB/HFS pickups are awesome with the rotary switch and the alder body. It's the most versatile PRS I've owned, including the DGT I had. This CE-24 is precisely what I have always wanted in a PRS. I'm a happy camper, and this one is a keeper.

Back