Show me pics of your Archon rig, I need some inspiration

iR4lf

Hi guys,

I just recently switched to an Archon because I am just amazed how the amp sounds...Never played my Dual Rec since. Now I am planning on building a new rig to fit the Archon. Despite I am battling issues with channel popping and the noisy effects loop and tube hum, I want to keep it because it simply kicks ass:)

With my Dual Rec I was using a amp rack with the Dual and with a Furman power conditioner, a tuner, a GCX, a Decimator Pro Rack G and some pedals. Now I am thinking of building something new and I need some inspiration. So please show me pics of your Archon rigs.
Let me see how you included the Archon in your rigs...

Hi guys,

I just recently switched to an Archon because I am just amazed how the amp sounds...Never played my Dual Rec since. Now I am planning on building a new rig to fit the Archon. Despite I am battling issues with channel popping and the noisy effects loop and tube hum, I want to keep it because it simply kicks ass:)

I don't get channel popping, or tube hum, and the only noise on the effects loop is that generated by the effects themselves, which is pretty well none now that I yanked out the noisy ones.

With my Dual Rec I was using a amp rack with the Dual and with a Furman power conditioner, a tuner, a GCX, a Decimator Pro Rack G and some pedals. Now I am thinking of building something new and I need some inspiration. So please show me pics of your Archon rigs.
Let me see how you included the Archon in your rigs...

I had been using one or two pedal boards (total of 20-ish pedals) and a couple of rack-mount units (compressor limiter and EQ) when going into my Fender HRDX, but with the Archon on the lead channel, the rack mount stuff was adding tons of hiss (you would think that wouldn't be the case, rack mount stuff is supposed to be better than stomp boxes, right? But oh well).

So now I just use a large-ish pedal board in front of the Archon, with everything I would want for the clean channel, and a small board in the effects loop with just a few simple effects for when I want to swap between effects-less lead channel and the clean with some effects invoked (delay/reverb and chorus/flanger typical). You can see the pedals in my NAD thread here:

http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?12561-NAD-Archon-100w-Black-Paisley-with-Black-Gold

The only thing missing from the effects-loop pedalboard pic is the Line 6 MM4, added yesterday to achieve the modulation effects I was missing.

Back