Shipping Guitars

deakle

So I just received a gorgeous SC-250 with Modern Eagle pickups that I purchased on Reverb from a guy in San Francisco. Fantastic guitar! But I simply must beg anyone who is shipping a guitar to please, please not use styrofoam peanuts. Excuse my rant but they are not the best form of packing material as they settle (which was the case with my guitar, the upper third was devoid of packing material and the box was slightly crushed) and they migrate to all the nooks and crannies they can find. Luckily the guitar came in a waterproof flight case so it was well protected by the case. But now every time I open the case, move it or otherwise disturb it, peanuts fly. From past experience, this will go on for a few weeks until I find them all. Also, some of them even found their way inside the case and that has been a pain to eliminate them from there. There is much better packing material out there; bubble wrap, hard foam, and the large “air cushion” bubble type packing. Please do yourself a favor and the person you may be shipping the guitar to a favor as well and do not use styrofoam peanuts as packing material. Again, my apologies for the rant and if I may have offended anyone.

Back