SE Zach Myers vs SE 594 McCarty SC

BoneDigger

I have for some reason gotten it into my mind that I need a semi hollow guitar. I already own a SE 594 McCarty double cut and also a single cut, I also own a Hollowbody II.

Will a Myers semi hollow sound significantly different from a SE McCarty Single cut?

I have for some reason gotten it into my mind that I need a semi hollow guitar. I already own a SE 594 McCarty double cut and also a single cut, I also own a Hollowbody II.

Will a Myers semi hollow sound significantly different from a SE McCarty Single cut?
I dont find semi-hollows to sound too different to solid body counterparts. I have a semi-hollow CU22, and I cant say I notice a huge difference apart from the electronics. I find my D'Angelico does sound different, but the body cavity is much larger.

I dont find semi-hollows to sound too different to solid body counterparts. I have a semi-hollow CU22, and I cant say I notice a huge difference apart from the electronics. I find my D'Angelico does sound different, but the body cavity is much larger.
Same with my Special 22 Semi Hollow! Just a twinge of more woody tone...

Unfortunately, nobody local to me has a Myers in stock. I would have to order it then return it if I don't like it. That's an option, but I'd prefer not to have to do that.

Unfortunately, nobody local to me has a Myers in stock. I would have to order it then return it if I don't like it. That's an option, but I'd prefer not to have to do that.
Go with Sweetwater. They are good about returns and helping you with any issues you might run into. The only caveat is you have to call your sales rep, you can't initiate returns from their website.

I like Sweetwater a lot. However, I think since I have a local GC, I'd probably go that route since I can just take it back to the store. But I even hate to do that if I'm so unsure. I already have two SE 594 McCarty versions and I don't need a third if the tone from the Myers is close enough to the two I have to be an amp adjustment away from being identical.

I like Sweetwater a lot. However, I think since I have a local GC, I'd probably go that route since I can just take it back to the store. But I even hate to do that if I'm so unsure. I already have two SE 594 McCarty versions and I don't need a third if the tone from the Myers is close enough to the two I have to be an amp adjustment away from being identical.
I don’t think it’ll be identical. The McCarty pickups are the lower output versions of the 58/15 and the ZM still rocks the 245 pickups which are on the hotter side.

I find my ZM fairly different from my CE24 and WL Custom 24 which both have the core 85/15 set.

Also, if you want an instrument in good condition go with Sweetwater over GC. GC may just ship you a floor demo from some other store, or something that’s been returned already.

The ZM will have more bite with 245s pickups, but a significant difference than your 594s, I’d say no. I’ve had two ZMs, modded the pups in both and sold both. I don’t like the Singlecut body style, just feels “off”.

Back