SE Starla

Russ73

I keep seeing used ones at Daves...worth a shot??? Can I play hard rock on em with those pups??

Mark thx for tge enabling response...do you like tge blue or white?? Just a subjective question lol

I actually just got one of the Powder Blue ones from Dave’s! Hasn’t come In yet, but i can almost guarantee its gonna be a great guitar for that priceSolid mahogany body & neck, wide-fat carve = Tone Machine!
I’ve purchased quite a few PRS’ from Dave’s, they have a great Layaway option and always great customer service. I think a lot of these SE models are demos, or B-stocks of some kind. Usually all in great shape aside from some minor cosmetic things, but they price them very fair! I say go for it...

I actually just got one of the Powder Blue ones from Dave’s! Hasn’t come In yet, but i can almost guarantee its gonna be a great guitar for that priceSolid mahogany body & neck, wide-fat carve = Tone Machine!
I’ve purchased quite a few PRS’ from Dave’s, they have a great Layaway option and always great customer service. I think a lot of these SE models are demos, or B-stocks of some kind. Usually all in great shape aside from some minor cosmetic things, but they price them very fair! I say go for it...
Sweet! Dave's is a cool shop

I like that powder blue one that's up on Dave's now. I have set of Starla pickups that I keep thinking I'll put into my 1st gen SE Santana (my avatar), but then I think why not just sell the pickups and that SE and buy a Starla. I'd probably come out money ahead, and then have the same pickups in a Starla, just as they were meant to sound. Decisions, decisions.

The famous luthier, Phil Jacoby, of Philtone Music in Baltimore has always told others that blue guitars sound better. I, of course, refuse to believe that my presence and predilection for blue guitars have had anything to do with it. Also, the fact that we are buds and occasional band mates doesn’t sway him at all. Go blue, although there is no wrong answer.

I like that powder blue one that's up on Dave's now. I have set of Starla pickups that I keep thinking I'll put into my 1st gen SE Santana (my avatar), but then I think why not just sell the pickups and that SE and buy a Starla. I'd probably come out money ahead, and then have the same pickups in a Starla, just as they were meant to sound. Decisions, decisions.

Awww crap. I just went ahead and bought it. Then listed the SE and the Starla Pups. It was that Bryan Ewald video that pushed me over the edge. It's a disease, I tell ya.

The famous luthier, Phil Jacoby, of Philtone Music in Baltimore has always told others that blue guitars sound better. I, of course, refuse to believe that my presence and predilection for blue guitars have had anything to do with it. Also, the fact that we are buds and occasional band mates doesn’t sway him at all. Go blue, although there is no wrong answer.

Blue guitars DO sound better! Go Blue!!!

Back