SE MIRA Pickup Height measurement

Clive

I'm confused or plain dumb. On my SE Mira I'm trying to set my neck pickup height but (when I hold the string down at the last fret) there is a massive slope from the back to the front of the pickup, so where am I supposed to measure from/to and should this slope even be there? (the String height is all good at approx 5/64 at the 12th fret so its not that). Thanks
ut7AkA5.jpg

Slope shouldn’t be there however if you feel comfortable doing this remove/loosen the pick guard and put a small square piece of foam cut to fit under the pickup. This will stabilize it and it will sit straight. So adjusting pickup height by spec is a great idea. I‘ll offer another. Start with that adjustment then balance the two pickups by adjusting just one pickup so you have a nice even balance between the the bridge and neck pickups. If you want to go even further lightly strum the strings plugged in on a clean amplifier setting and adjust the individual pole pieces for volume balance across all strings according to how you hear it.

Last edited:
Slope shouldn’t be there however if you feel comfortable doing this remove/loosen the pick guard and put a small square piece of foam cut to fit under the pickup. This will stabilize it and it will sit straight. So adjusting pickup height by spec is a great idea. I‘ll offer another. Start with that adjustment then balance the two pickups by adjusting just one pickup so you a nice even balance between the the bridge and neck pickups. If you want to go even further lightly strum the strings plugged in on a clean amplifier setting and adjust the individual pole pieces for volume balance across all strings according to how you hear it.
Thank you, the slope is only really noticeable when I'm fretting the string at the 22nd fret to set the pickup height. So I don't think I'll take the thing apart, (very comfortable doing it but dont think I'll bother.)

Back