• SE Torero

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • SE Custom 24

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • SE Custom 24 Floyd Rose

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

JEMA

I'm currently considering buying one of these as my first quality guitar. I would play mainly metal and hard rock, but I would like a guitar with a decent sound for other genres. Which one would you recommend to me? For the Custom 24 there is a Floyd Rose version available.

I have a Custom 24 non Floyd. I don't play metal but I imagine it would cover that territory. Also depends on the sound you're going for. the 85/15s are voiced differently from a lot of other humbucking pickups I've played. the bridge position has a dip in the low mids. which is great because it doesn't sound muddy at all, but lacks a little girth. neck pickup is a little clearer than most others, probably because the 24 fret neck. it's definitely a versatile guitar, especially with the coil tap. cleans, mild overdrive, and crunch all sound great. Distortion sounds great as well. I don't use the whammy bar much and play with 9.5-44 strings and it stays in tune nicely. if you dive bomb a lot then the Floyd might be a good option.

You really can't go wrong. If you're ok with the neck radius, you can't go wrong with the Holcomb. You also get his pickups, and those things are awesome!

I think it boils down to how much you use a trem. If you want to dive bomb, go for the Floyd 24, if you want a little wiggle, the regular Custom, if you don't care, the Holcomb.

I'd go for the 24. The Holcomb would get my vote if it had a 10" fretboard radius, but if you can tolerate that, then go for that. The Torero has always seemed like a weird model to me, an outlier compared to other PRS models.

What about the Prs se Paul allender model? It's like the custom 24 with emg pickups.

I'd go for the 24. The Holcomb would get my vote if it had a 10" fretboard radius, but if you can tolerate that, then go for that. The Torero has always seemed like a weird model to me, an outlier compared to other PRS models.

I bought a used torero. I really thought it would be fantastic without the EMG active pickups.

I swapped ALL the electronic components with usa prs stuff including dragon 1s. The d1s aren't as warm as the set in my ce22 but they still sound good. I just don't reach for it as much as my core models. Probably move it.

Back