Santana Standards are coming

Correction.... Faded Tortoise. EVEN BETTER name. 24.5" scale???? Oh, I'm SO in. They better hit the US.

There's actually a little clue in this vid? I was assuming Paul was only speaking core models since he talked about body carves and such. I've been waiting for the right P90 guitar to come along and this would fit my needs perfectly at a perfect price point.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just checked that website and found that it would cost me too much to get an SE standard 245, I think I will pass. I can get a Korean one for around the same price.

Last edited:
I suggested a Santana Standard model several years ago. They look awesome, but I was hoping for a US model.

I suggested a Santana Standard model several years ago. They look awesome, but I was hoping for a US model.
By what Paul said in the that vid, I think one of those might be coming too.

With these recent SE Standards bring back some older all Mahogany models back, such as the Standard 22/24, do you think there is much propsect for some of the other discontinued mahogany models like the One and EG might come back?

I watched that video and think I must've missed why you think that. Can I get a little help?
Well he was talking about deeper body carve, etc...and some of the first guitars he made for Carlos. Aren't some of those really early pre-1985 guitars all mahogany Santana shaped guitars. I suppose I was drawing a lot of conclusions from remembering what some of those super early PRSi looked like that were solid mahogany. I could be way off base.

Well he was talking about deeper body carve, etc...and some of the first guitars he made for Carlos. Aren't some of those really early pre-1985 guitars all mahogany Santana shaped guitars. I suppose I was drawing a lot of conclusions from remembering what some of those super early PRSi looked like that were solid mahogany. I could be way off base.

I took that as Paul talkin' about the Santana "Retro" PS that they put out this year. I do think that it would be really cool if PRS decided to offer more guitars with the Santana/West St. design, but I don't know if there's much of a market for those.

I took that as Paul talkin' about the Santana "Retro" PS that they put out this year. I do think that it would be really cool if PRS decided to offer more guitars with the Santana/West St. design, but I don't know if there's much of a market for those.
You're probably right. I wasn't even aware of the PS until this thread. I thought maybe they were doing one of their limited runs or something. Crap, now I want a westie.

You're probably right. I wasn't even aware of the PS until this thread. I thought maybe they were doing one of their limited runs or something. Crap, now I want a westie.

Me too, but I like the look of the wood library ones that showed up in Japan as well. A little less bling but still elegant.

All 4 SE Standard models just went up on the PRS webpage, and Facebook. Looking forward to an all hog Custom 22! I would love to grab the S2 Standard, but want the stoptail and toggle switch in a bad way.

heh, these look really nice. The Santana Std in faded tortoise shell and CU22 Std in tobacco sunburst are quite appealing...

Back