S2 USA pups

Probably a necessary thing to keep S2s moving. Not so sure that the price increase will be offset by it.

The problem between the S2s and SEs is cosmetic. The SEs now imitate the Cores, leaving S2s looking downscale rather than upscale.

When this doesn’t do the trick, we’ll see S2s with veneer. That probably would have been the way to go, but it would introduce a whole new process in the factory.

The real solution is more S2 models like the Vela, that stand on their own in the product line.

This is an overdue change IMHO. This will add a lot more value to the S2 line. They should have built them this way from the beginning. I understand they were trying to hit a price point but I think a lot of people spent the money to gut them and put pickups they liked and quality pots in them anyway. Now you can buy an S2 that needs nothing but played.

I have really been enjoying my S2 10th Anniversary Custom 24
It;s an amazing guitar
I find myself playing it more and more
The one thing I have found is that my SE 24-08 sounds better split
for everything else its the S2

I have mixed feelings about the news
does it de-value my S2? it certainly makes it less unusual

but all in all I think this is a good move for PRS and those of us that struggle to buy a core or PS

The problem between the S2s and SEs is cosmetic. The SEs now imitate the Cores, leaving S2s looking downscale rather than upscale.
See I think the s2 look waaay better. In the store you can see the difference. Online is a little different. I think the super shallow violin carve on the se makes it look flatter in real life. The s2 carve looks way better to me and it doesn't get much more comfy.

Each their own. But I like s2 own thing vs try to mimic the core. I don't disagree though that the next step may be a proper shallow violin carve like the newer ce. Who knows. PRS is always cookin sumthin.

Ah, so the 10th anniversary was a trial run for the new ones. Kind of an odd way of doing things. Still a great guitar. I guess there are some slight differences...the birds, and maybe the fretboard material?

Ah, so the 10th anniversary was a trial run for the new ones. Kind of an odd way of doing things. Still a great guitar. I guess there are some slight differences...the birds, and maybe the fretboard material?
Why odd? Introduce it and see the reception on a special model to mark a milestone. I knew when they released the 10th core pups were coming to s2. They did it with the se 35th wirh TCI-S pups and 2408 switching.

Why odd? Introduce it and see the reception on a special model to mark a milestone. I knew when they released the 10th core pups were coming to s2. They did it with the se 35th wirh TCI-S pups and 2408 switching.
Just because the anniversary label brings to mind something unique. Nothing anniversary about being a trial run for changes. It's just semantics really.

Ah, so the 10th anniversary was a trial run for the new ones. Kind of an odd way of doing things. Still a great guitar. I guess there are some slight differences...the
I think the only difference aside from the Anniversary logo on the TRC is the birds
The new S2 birds ar listed as "Acrylic "Old School" Birds" and mine is listed as " Mother of Pearl Birds"
both fretboards are rosewood

I think the only difference aside from the Anniversary logo on the TRC is the birds
The new S2 birds ar listed as "Acrylic "Old School" Birds" and mine is listed as " Mother of Pearl Birds"
both fretboards are rosewood
Do you notice a difference with your mother of pearl birds? Not sure I can tell. And also the "cuban mahogany" fretboard. How different is that from the regular mahogany?

Just because the anniversary label brings to mind something unique. Nothing anniversary about being a trial run for changes. It's just semantics really.
Something to be said about being the 1st and it was the only at the time. So it's still unique. Heck still marks 10yrs.

Oh well, either way this is great for PRS and us. Super happy about the change.

Back