Robben Ford on a PRS?

matonanjin

Did anyone (everybody?) else know this? Has he been seen onstage with a PRS?

I have always associated Mr. Ford with his 1960 Blond Telecaster. I think I've seen him with some other guitar, maybe a 335, but most of the time it is with that Tele.

I was looking at some lessons over at TrueFire and looked at his new "Solo Revolution: Diminished Lines" and for the lesson he is playing a PRS, an SC594. Gorgeous guitar. If you look at that link you can see him playing it. My looking at lessons at TrueFire is always dangerous but this course is for far more advanced players than me and I did not buy it.

But is Robben Ford on a PRS news?

Did anyone (everybody?) else know this? Has he been seen onstage with a PRS?

I have always associated Mr. Ford with his 1960 Blond Telecaster. I think I've seen him with some other guitar, maybe a 335, but most of the time it is with that Tele.

I was looking at some lessons over at TrueFire and looked at his new "Solo Revolution: Diminished Lines" and for the lesson he is playing a PRS, an SC594. Gorgeous guitar. If you look at that link you can see him playing it. My looking at lessons at TrueFire is always dangerous but this course is for far more advanced players than me and I did not buy it.

But is Robben Ford on a PRS news?

Yeah, I think there was a post here about a year ago? Anyway, it was him with a red-ish (IIRC) 594. He was in the studio with it. May have been the studios at Sweetwater. Regardless, pretty cool, IMO!

Robben is well known for using all kinds of vintage gear. I think he likes to groove on lots of different guitars, but it would be really cool if he played a SC594 more often. :D

PRSh tells a great story about the song - “Talk to your daughter” playing in his car. So I’m assuming he’s a fan.

Robben is well known for using all kinds of vintage gear. I think he likes to groove on lots of different guitars, but it would be really cool if he played a SC594 more often. :D

PRSh tells a great story about the song - “Talk to your daughter” playing in his car. So I’m assuming he’s a fan.

I love that tune!

Yeah, I think there was a post here about a year ago? Anyway, it was him with a red-ish (IIRC) 594. He was in the studio with it. May have been the studios at Sweetwater. Regardless, pretty cool, IMO!

If you look at that link of mine what he is playing in that lesson is a "red-ish (IIRC) 594" so probably the same guitar.

Yep, he has that red one with Kluson style tuners instead of Phase III. I think they got it into his hands a year or two ago when the 594 was first blowing up.

I love Robben on that Tele, though. He went through a phase where he used an old Epiphone Riviera with mini hums. He uses Les Pauls off and on; a couple vintage and he was using a reissue for some overseas work so he can keep his 50's LP's safe. He also used a custom LP style from a Japanese luthier for a while.

Back