Replacing a pickguard with mounted electronics?

thrilliant

Hello! I just got an S2 Standard 24 that I've fallen in love with. It has a black pickguard now, but I thought a lighter color would create some nice contrast. Unfortunately, when I removed the existing pickguard, I discovered the electronics are mounted to the back of it.

Does anyone have any experience replacing a pickguard like this? Any soldering involved? I couldn't really see what secured the mounting, but I wanted to get some outside opinions before I started digging.

Thank you!

And it’s also helpful to measure pickup height first so you can then adjust back to your current specs after the swap
Very very helpful man. Would I remove the pots from the top of the pickguard by unscrewing the bolt? I think I can handle the pickups and the switch, I just want to make sure I don't undo anything I don't understand completely.

Really appreciate it man. I'm a little precious with this guitar and didn't want to mess anything up, so the insight is super helpful.

Also what breed is your pup? I've got a rat terrier that shares a lot of the same features!

Really appreciate it man. I'm a little precious with this guitar and didn't want to mess anything up, so the insight is super helpful.

Also what breed is your pup? I've got a rat terrier that shares a lot of the same features!

She’s a mixed breed stray from Puerto Rico so she’s all kinds of terrier (I believe Sato is their slang for terrier strays down there). She does look like a lot like a rat terrier, except she’s 50 pounds so a bit bigger.

Be sure to post up some pics when you get the pickguard swapped!

Back