Ranier in Winter

Troubador222

Well, first attempt at a song adding my new PRS SE Paul's Guitar into the mix. I am really rusty at guitar. A lot of my music in the last decade, has been making Electronica, usually to a more minimalist ideal. I use Logic Pro X on Mac. On this track, I used Logic's excellent AI drummer called "Drummer". Everything else was done in the step sequencer using the mouse to build the parts. I recorded the guitar into Logic using an IRig HD2 interface and I used Amplitude to pick an amp. I used a Clean Tube amp, then added a touch of Chorus and shimmering Reverb. The video was made using a program called Video Editor Movavi and I just uploaded royalty free video clips from a site on the web. The genre of the song is Post Rock, which fits well with minimalist compositions. I have a lot of fun making these. Hope you enjoy!

I love it!

We have something in common: I share your love of creating electronic music, though admittedly mine's a little bit...weird. Still, I love using electronic instruments and bending/blending genres. Here's one I did not too long ago.

Last edited:
I love it!

We have something in common: I share your love of creating electronic music, though admittedly mine's a little bit...weird. Still, I love using electronic instruments and bending/blending genres. Here's one I did not too long ago.

Nice! Sounds cinematic! I started dabbling years ago after I joined a music forum and met a lot of younger musicians who were very much into Electronic and Computer music. Mine can be a bit weird as well. No Genre will have me. You give me a DAW and I'm a bit like a three year old with a sheet of paper and finger paints. And if you get too close, I'm going to get paint on you! It's just a ton of fun to do!

I keep it mostly minimalistic and some of that has to do with my mixing skills. I'm self taught and it's easier to keep things clear with all the sounds coming through if I dont have too many irons in the fire. Time management playin into as well. I'm an over the road truck driver and I am on the road three weeks out four and when I am working, the hours are long. When I do get home, I can sit down at my computer and make a song in a few hours.

Are you using a DAW or actual synths? I will definite check out some more of your work!

I love it!

I am listening to The Journey of Hands. I added that to my Apple Music Library!

Nice! Sounds cinematic! I started dabbling years ago after I joined a music forum and met a lot of younger musicians who were very much into Electronic and Computer music. Mine can be a bit weird as well. No Genre will have me. You give me a DAW and I'm a bit like a three year old with a sheet of paper and finger paints. And if you get too close, I'm going to get paint on you! It's just a ton of fun to do!

I keep it mostly minimalistic and some of that has to do with my mixing skills. I'm self taught and it's easier to keep things clear with all the sounds coming through if I dont have too many irons in the fire. Time management playin into as well. I'm an over the road truck driver and I am on the road three weeks out four and when I am working, the hours are long. When I do get home, I can sit down at my computer and make a song in a few hours.

Are you using a DAW or actual synths? I will definite check out some more of your work!
First of all, let me stress that I really enjoyed listening to your work! All due respect to you, especially given your schedule.

I'm using both hardware and software! I started out with analog tape and analog synths back in the day. But I love working in a DAW, and like you, I use Logic now (but occasionally Luna, from Universal Audio - it's great for mixing because of the UA summing bus emulations). There are some absolutely wonderful software instruments out there, in addition to the hardware, and it's fun to blend them.

So physical hardware synths, plugin synths, sample libraries, hardware mixers, software mixers, I'll use 'em all. I generally play in the parts live with a keyboard, because I began as a keyboard player. I find that reducing the amount of quantization gives the parts a more natural flow and a vibe; I use lots of modulation sources and effects as well. Every so often I toss in an electric or acoustic guitar, when the piece seems to call for it.

I am listening to The Journey of Hands. I added that to my Apple Music Library!
OMG!

I'm truly honored.

Back