Queensryche Greatest Hits Lesson with Michael Wilton

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
I bought the new Queensryche album with their new singer a year back when it came out, did not know they have another new one coming out today, will have to buy it.
http://loudwire.com/queensryche-condition-human-album-fall-2015-tour-dates/

I had a chance to take guitar lessons one on one from their new guitarist a few years back, but I passed as they were going through all that trouble after kicking out their original singer.

Last edited by a moderator:
PS, would dig having a double cut or single cut PRS guitar decked out with the skulls like he has on his ESP.

I've heard a couple of tracks off the new one. It's even better than the first one they did with LaTorre on vox. Really takes me back to their heyday. Too bad it took them 20+ years to get back there. On another note, I've also heard some of Tate's new CD that should be out soon (if it's not out already). While I'll always appreciate his voice, the new stuff is not good.

Good to hear the new album is better than the last.
Before I had heard of PRS I had bought my 2012 '61 Reissue SG from their guitar tech who works at the Guitar Center a few miles from my work.
He was in Brazil when all the stuff went down leading to Tate and the other guitar player getting kicked out happened.
The tech filled in on guitar for awhile until they got the new guy.

The tech was also the guy who introduced me to PRS after seeing them on the wall when I took my SG back for him to do a little tweaking on it.

That's a cool QR associaton Cory It doesn't get much better than old QR in my book and I agree that they are sounding better now than they have in a long, long time. Heard Chris Degarmo and daughter aka The Rue, yet?

That's a cool QR associaton Cory It doesn't get much better than old QR in my book and I agree that they are sounding better now than they have in a long, long time. Heard Chris Degarmo and daughter aka The Rue, yet?
Thanks!
Have not heard of Chris or the Rue, will have to Google them.

It is also amazing how QR's new singer sounds pretty much like Tate.

DeGarmo leaving QR was the worst thing for them. Even though they were already headed in a different direction on the last couple of albums he was on. Glad they've come full circle.

Ive heard "Love Song" by The Rue. Some nice acoustic by Chris, and his daughter's got a really nice voice. I like the song. It's a good one to turn the lights down and chill to. I need to find the EP.

Watched a few of their vids, good stuff.
Looks like he left the band in 1997, so he was not the guitarist that left when Geoff Tate did.

That's a cool QR associaton Cory It doesn't get much better than old QR in my book

Loved Mind Crime and Empire! Even as dorky as Geoff is, they were still a killer band with bitchin' harmony guitar.

DeGarmo leaving QR was the worst thing for them.

Agreed. Wilt is alright, but Chris seemed like he was the real driving force behind that band.

OK, Chris must be the guitarist that left when Tate did?

No - Chris was the original guitarist, and pretty much the driving force of the band in those days.

If I recall, there was some talk that he didn't get along w/Geoff Tate.

Back