push pull volume pot

gush

Where is that speedo pic
I'm looking for suggestions on where to buy the best volume pots. My ce24 has a push pull volume pot that is cutting out and I want to change it.

I've also been wanting to change my switching on my McCarty. I really like the 2 and 4 positions so I thought about dropping a rotary in it but i think I'd rather do a push pull volume pot instead. I may also put 5909s back in it. The M pickups are good but I liked the 5909s better and we don't do D tuning anymore.

Thanks for any suggestions.

All of the PRS push-pull pots I've seen were made by Noble, one of the best in the business. Quality is as good - better in many regards - as CTS and Bournes. You won't find a better replacement. If it's cutting out, I'd look for stray bare ends shorting in the control cavity, or bad solder joint. There are push-push alternatives that can be found at Stewmac.com.

Btw, I've never seen a push-pull volume pot come from the factory. They've always been the tone control. You might swap them and try.

This isn't a stock setup. Push pulls on vol and tone. I really like it, I guess it's a version of 408 switching.

Back