PSA : Paisley HXDA !

Greywolf

Luthier and Sound Sensei
https://reverb.com/item/77837003-prs-hxda-tube-guitar-amp-head-gold-paisley-x0227-used They don't come up often ..

n6cj81ewraseyrtafxvc.jpg

That one has been there for a while. It's not an HXDA anymore--missing some of the controls. They've got a "stock" HXDA description, so they don't appear to be a very knowledgable seller.

That one has been there for a while. It's not an HXDA anymore--missing some of the controls. They've got a "stock" HXDA description, so they don't appear to be a very knowledgable seller.
I didn't see anything missing...the controls look just like my current and former HXDAs.

I didn't read the whole description, though.

I didn't see anything missing...the controls look just like my current and former HXDAs.

I didn't read the whole description, though.

The only HXDA switch is the left one. Middle and right are just holes. It says something on the back about when it was modified.

One of the downsides of CAD going away is that PRS doesn’t appear to have any records of in-house mods they’ve done to amps.

The only HXDA switch is the left one. Middle and right are just holes. It says something on the back about when it was modified.

One of the downsides of CAD going away is that PRS doesn’t appear to have any records of in-house mods they’ve done to amps.
My new reading glasses will arrive next week. I need them!

I just went back and read the description. Says the amp has six preamp tubes. Mine only has three preamp tubes. So that's interesting, if correct.

I'd be pretty surprised if that vendor can count right. They list three HXDA switches, there's one. They list it as a 50w amp with 2 power tubes, but there are four visible (along with the fan, which I think was only on 100w amps). There's also a set of bias adjustments for the additional power tubes. You can see three pre-amp tubes.

I'd be pretty surprised if that vendor can count right. They list three HXDA switches, there's one. They list it as a 50w amp with 2 power tubes, but there are four visible (along with the fan, which I think was only on 100w amps). There's also a set of bias adjustments for the additional power tubes. You can see three pre-amp tubes.
You're right about the 100W amp having the four tubes, but I'm not sure whether the stock version of that amp even had a fan. Might have, I just don't remember seeing that when I was deciding which version to order.

Back