PRS's biggest failure, sales wise.

I think the Harmonic Generators were cool amps. PRS was a very small company back then and they came into being at a time when music was changing. A lot. Vintage tone and hand-wired quality weren't mainstream. Grunge was a flash in the pan. Then things changed again. "Failure" might not be the right word.

Is this thread about bad ideas or production numbers? If the later, Chesapeake instruments wins the prize. Only 19 "production" guitars were made bearing the Chesapeake brand name (as built by Private Stock) before it was shut down. Again... "failure" might not be the right word.

My HG70 alive and kickin'

I bought this used as an 'investment' because so few were produced. I still play it now and then to remind myself why I'm not playing it.

HG70.jpg

LMAO!

Some of their failures were real turds, like the McCarty II and the 25th McCarty with narrowfields. Others turned out to be collector's items like the Metal model which didn't fly off the shelf when it was introduced but is now a collectors piece.

Despite my opinion to the extreme contrary (I love them in all my guitars that have them) I have read consistently that the #7 pickups were not enthusiastically received, nor are they welcomed on many guitars being sold in the "after-market" (that's fancy for "used guitars").

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;24235 said:
prior to this post, I've never even heard of it.

It was actually one of the first SE guitars along with original SE Santana.

THIS is one of those interesting, makes you go, "hhhhhmmmmmmmmm" moments.

That color scheme does absolutely nothing for me, yet Bob and Hans are droolin'. Is there any question now why more choices is a good thing? We all see things differently.

Hey I'm drooling too! I saw these twenty years ago and have been haunted ever since. Are three people enough of a demographic for a limited SE finish from a Colorasta distributer?

It isn't even about the colors scheme for me. It's an iconic PRS from the early days. Having one in "The Collection" would be nice.

I get the symbolism. I get the desire to own a rarity. But, it is still another guitar that I probably would not play and would have to eventually cull - perhaps at a loss....

Back