PRS with only One side dot on the 12th fret

metaforehead

WTH, Paul? Why does my wonderful 2000 C22 only have one side dot on the 12th? What does everyone else do in this unacceptable situation? Got a hack?

Yes it bothered me too on my 94' CU24. The "hack" is to keep playing it. The feeling goes away after lots of playtime then you don't notice it anymore.
Thanks. However, if one plays a lot of different guitars, some of which are single cut, others more cuts...

Check out this old post...

WTH, Paul? Why does my wonderful 2000 C22 only have one side dot on the 12th? What does everyone else do in this unacceptable situation? Got a hack?
It means one of two things:

1). You'll meet a beautiful Bollywood actress, fall in love and marry her, or
2). You've got one heckuva football team this year.

Don't buy anything older than 2006. That is the oldest PRS guitars I own and they have 2 dots. I believe that is the year they switched over to putting 2 dots on the 12th fret.

It is odd for me when I play one with a single dot. I try to use the extra spaces/frets on either side of it to locate it. If I had a guitar that only had one dot that I loved, I would probably drill a hole on either side of it and convert it to 3 dots.

Got a hack?
Send me that worthless, messed up abomination and buy one of these right away!

xu5vjzfxtlyrelyt3g2v.jpg

I wouldn't hack any guitar. :D

I put a drop of glow in the dark paint on the single dots and a line that connects the dots, or about that length on the guitar with only one dot on the 12th.

Call me what you will, but I like seeing spots once in a while.

Back