PRS vs. Gibson.

Two different tone settings, two different levels of musical knowledge, not a fair fight. Phil X is a badass but PJ Jr. plays circles around most.

Thanks for posting this.

Paul Jackson Jr - One of my guitar heroes!!! Just purchased a SP compressor pedal yesterday because I saw a video of him playing through one.

Well......................... Am I the only person who thinks that sounded like ****?
I like both of em, but that sounded like a train wreck.

Well......................... Am I the only person who thinks that sounded like ****?
I like both of em, but that sounded like a train wreck.

No, you're not alone. It was a casual jam and not a great representation of either players skills (but I don't think that was the point of the exercise). Both great players, and both good at things the other isn't, but I agree that together it didn't work great.

Two cool players and two cool guitars.Amp doesn't sound that good but I think the jam was pretty cool.

Yea too much of a difference in knowledge & skill.

Not sure I agree there. They are very, very different players and both extremely good at what they do, which is also very different. I honestly can't see PJ Jr. bringing the full-frontal rock assault any more than I can see PhilX settle into a tight jazz groove. He's proven himself over the years to be very versatile and knowledgeable in his own right and one heck of a rock guitar player.

Back