PRS Silver Sky delays

mike_davinci

Hello everyone,

New future owner here, just bought myself a core SS Frost 2 months ago. Had a schedule stock arrival for the 1st of august but it got a 2 month delay.

Bought mine on thomann, is it normal to have such delays from prs factory?

Agreed, normal these days. There's two threads right now about delays..

Four months is not bad at all. They've had much longer waits in the past. The thing to keep in mind is, they build to order rather than manufacturing ahead of time trying to predict demand.

Four months is not bad at all. They've had much longer waits in the past. The thing to keep in mind is, they build to order rather than manufacturing ahead of time trying to predict demand.
They also use to build in batches. Batch of Custom24’s, a batch of DGT’s, a batch of 594’s, etc.
So if you ordered a Custom24 right after they finished building that particular batch, you’d be waiting until they came back into the rotation.
Not sure if it’s still this way.
Now toss in a newly released model or two, the rotation gets longer.

Thomann could have known in advance, but they didn't care enough about you to do anything about it.

That's about it. I don't understand buyers' willingness to stay with an order that is stringing them along when the guitar they want is in stock elsewhere. Guitar dealers do understand that tendency, though, and I suspect they abuse it.

That's about it. I don't understand buyers' willingness to stay with an order that is stringing them along when the guitar they want is in stock elsewhere. Guitar dealers do understand that tendency, though, and I suspect they abuse it.
The thing is I can´t find a better deal for a frost / rosewood in Europe

Back