PRS SE Tremonti Custom Problems after some time

Res

So my PRS SE Tremonti Custom has been giving me trouble recently, which is a shame because it's the best guitar I've ever had and I love how it sounds.

I bought this guitar around December 2014, when I first got it, I didn't like the way it played so I payed a tech to set it up for me, the "tech" said the bridge couldn't go up only down (what?), I didn't like the way it was set up after a while so I set it up myself, made it so the bridge is parallel with the body floating 1,5-2mm over it, after that it played like a dream, sounded nice, etc.

That was in March, and now after the summer I'm having some trouble with it:

The screws on the guitar, especially on the back of it (pickup switch, trem cover plate), are very rusty, after such a short time, and I don't even have corrosive sweat.

In the 6th string saddle one of the screws gets loose with time and I always have to tighten it back so the saddle makes contact with the bridge.

There's a rattling noise at the bridge whenever I play an open string at the very end, happens with all strings except 1st and 6th. Is this because I have my pickups too high?

Also I've noticed 2 factory screw-ups on it;

The pickup switch itself is very loose, I can actually move the whole thing around, I can't find a way to tighten it and it sometimes gives me trouble when switching pickups, when switch from bridge pickup to neck pickup, the neck pickup sounds like it lost all of it's gain, so I have to switch one more time for it to work.

The 4th string tuner is misaligned

i3z6o8.jpg

Also I've noticed it goes out of tune faster recently.

What can I do about all of this? It's pretty frustrating since the guitar is only 10 months old, and not very cheap to be honest, the are no qualified techs near me and I don't really have the money to pay one.
And yeah, I've been playing the hell out of it, but didn't really abuse it, hell, I even washed my hands before playing the thing, and now these weeks I just stopped and switched back to my Ibanez, since this guitar gets rusty this fast.

For your time:

286tto8.jpg

Thanks in advance!

I love my Bernie to bits but it isn't perfect. I could list quite a few very minor issues. Some I've ironed out or will soon, others I won't be able too. None of them take away from the fact it's a great guitar for the money. However, it is not a core or above PRS so I accept there may be tiny imperfections. As long as it remains a fundamentally good guitar. And the SE's are.

None of your issues are that big a deal although I can understand you being miffed by them.

Replace the screws if they are that bad. The slightly out of shape tuner is nothing unless you like admiring the back of the headstock. One of mine is slightly out. So what.

Can you grab the switch from the switch cavity side and tighten the screw on the top?

Those screws on the saddle will be replaceable.

The noise... Does it stop if you press down on a pickup?

It looks a nice guitar and these issues are very, very minor and easily overcome.

These Korean-made PRS SE guitars are no different than any other Korean-made guitars, of any brand. That's why we praise USA-made PRS guitars, because they are built to last. I wonder there's not much you can do.

Back