PRS SE Silver Sky

AnFear

Does anyone know if I could get a SE Silver Sky with a maple fingerboard, In white?
Either moon white, or even better frost white.
Thanks

Not a se from PRS but..

Not a se from PRS but..

Thanks, I've seen that.
My usual style of guitar is more towards Les Paul style. So spending the money for a US silver Sky is more than I'm willing to pay for a guitar I probably won't use much. My 'main' guitar is a S2 Mccarty 594 singlecut with US pickups and electronics.
I see that PRS sells an SE Silver Star in Moon White, but only with a rosewood fretboard.
I'm thinking of buying one of those and buying a purple one with a maple fretboard. Then having the necks swapped. Sweetwater is going to get back to me with a price to do that. Hopefully I would be able to recoup the cost by selling the purple one with a rosewood fretboard. I don't think PRS offers one of those.

The reason I'm asking is because a few months ago I purchased a S2 Mccarty 594 singlecut in black.
I never saw a black one listed on the PRS website or any of the online dealers. This makes me think PRS sells
guitars in colors that they don't advertise.

I'm thinking of buying one of those and buying a purple one with a maple fretboard. Then having the necks swapped. Sweetwater is going to get back to me with a price to do that. Hopefully I would be able to recoup the cost by selling the purple one with a rosewood fretboard. I don't think PRS offers one of those.
You can certainly do that, but I wouldn't expect to recoup my cash. Personally I'd snag a white strat with maple and call it a day.

Good choice on the S2 594 with core pickups though.

The bolt on necks are custom fit for each guitar. Swapping them may require reducing neck width and thickness on one and shimming the other to swap them. Neck angle to bridge height and string height may also require sorting out. Errors made during this process may make one or both guitars less than acceptable fit wise. You may need the services of a luthier to sort them out considering neck to body fit differences. Careful measurement is recommended before making any modifications to the neck/body of each guitar.

I do this kind of thing from time to time with guitars we've built ourselves, and occasionally it's a piece of cake. That is to say: physically, sonically and visually.

Other times it's really not......

Back