PRS SE Dave Navarro 2011 Model Specs? Pickups?

Synthetek

Anyone have the actual specs for the 2011 flat top models? Everything online seems to be the specs of the 2012 and Up. I have a 2011 and I am swapping the pickups to new USA Squabbin HFS / Vintage Bass. The pickups that I removed are G&B but have no other labels or markings, they are 2 conductor (no pushs pull pot)and one has yellow wire and one has grey. Both Pickups read 10.3K which seems inconsistent with them being SE HFS/VB? The oldest info I can find just says that they have "a pair of sweet SE humbucking pickups" 🤣 I tried the wayback machine and the Dave Navarro SE didn't show on the PRS site until Jan 2012 and it had the carved top specs.
Thanks

NECK PICKUP
PRS Designed Vintage Bass
BRIDGE PICKUP
PRS Designed HFS Treble

That is a picture and specs of a 2012 and up model. Most links that I can find that say 2011 have the updated 2012 specs. The 2011s have a flat top, not carved, ebony fretboard, not rosewood, no push pull pot and pickups Don't seem to be hfs/VB. I don't know if there are any other differences because I have not been able to find the actual specs.PRS archive does not show the black model or white 2011 either just 2012 and up.

Last edited:
All the old SE models had generic G&B pickups. I have a pair laying around form a 2009 SE Singlecut and they measure 10.2 and 9.6.
Anyone ever checked a black one? Did those have the generic pickups or did they start using the HFS/VB? The white SE they showed at NAMM 2012 had the beveled top but Ebony fretboard I wonder if any of those were released?

All the old SE models had generic G&B pickups. I have a pair laying around form a 2009 SE Singlecut and they measure 10.2 and 9.6.
Anyone ever checked a black one? Did those have the generic pickups or did they start using the HFS/VB? The white SE they showed at NAMM 2012 had the beveled top but Ebony fretboard I wonder if any of those were released?
PRS was marketing the G&B pups in the Navarro and Orianthi as HFS/VB when they came out.

I know this only because I bought an Orianthi.

Regardless, I would absolutely jump head first into a Navarro from the flat top era of production. I wouldn’t expect much from the electronics and hardware, but the bones of those guitars are sofaking good it’s kinda worth it to throw money at one with mods.

My SE “O” brings me as much joy as my ‘90 Studio or my ‘93 CE. They have very similar vibes

Back