PRS SE Custom 24 Hardshell Case

charvel1975

Guitarist of Elliot Twist
Hello everyone I'm looking to get a hardshell case for my 2021 PRS SE Custom 24 and I was starting to look at SKB cases, anyone have any suggestions? Thank you in advance!

Any particular reason for wanting a hard case? I mean for example, for travelling, or more protection for gigging? My C24 has a hard case and my SE C24 has a gig bag, which I kind of prefer tbh. I find the hard case awkward and very heavy.

Sorry, was going to say, just Google ‘PRS hard shell case’ and you should get a number of options!

Last edited:
Our band is going to be starting to play out again doing shows starting next Saturday so I just want to make sure that I have adequate protection for my PRS SE Custom 24.

Update: For right now I'm using the SKB 1SKB-6 Electric Guitar Economy Rectangular Case that my Partscaster was in: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...Vtv7jBx0yhQHhEAQYASABEgLb9vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I put my Partscaster in the PRS Gig Bag that my PRS SE Custom 24 came in because I'm also starting to use it for some songs live.

I looked up the PRS black hardshell case for my PRS SE Custom 24 and man is it expensive! But, has anyone used those and how well do they hold up to the rigors of doing shows, transporting, storage for strap, accessories, etc. I

I’ve only had the PRS hard shell case that came with my WL C24 (black paisley with brown leathery end bits). It’s a very nice case, but it’s almost too nice to gig with, not that I’m doing that at the moment, and it’s way heavy. I did used to gig with a hard shell but the quality of the gig bags available at the time wasn’t as good as they are now.

I’ve got the awful looking brown PRS SE gig bag too (with an SE C24 in it) but I do actually rate it for protection and practicality. In your situation I’d just use the gig bag it came with and just be careful with it. They are really well padded IMO, unlike the Fender F610 I’ve got, which really offers minimal protection. That’s more of a ‘better than nothing’ kind of deal.

Update: For right now I'm using the SKB 1SKB-6 Electric Guitar Economy Rectangular Case that my Partscaster was in: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...Vtv7jBx0yhQHhEAQYASABEgLb9vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I put my Partscaster in the PRS Gig Bag that my PRS SE Custom 24 came in because I'm also starting to use it for some songs live.

I looked up the PRS black hardshell case for my PRS SE Custom 24 and man is it expensive! But, has anyone used those and how well do they hold up to the rigors of doing shows, transporting, storage for strap, accessories, etc. I

I liked the SKB case so much I bought a second.

I've got a couple Gator rectangular cases.
I would get another if I needed another.

Back